• Register Today It's free!

Really Hot Hubs !

92eddie

Reaction score
City, State
Newmarket. Ontario. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Eddie Bauer
Just a quick question. I was driving back from a local hang out, (Canadian Tire Store). and I geard a faint ticking from my right front. When I got home I lifted my truck I found that it was just a stone stuck in my tire. But when I put my hand on the hub, it was REALLY hot. I'm no expert, but I don't think they are supposed to be that hot. Could that be the reason why my 4X4 has not worked for 4 months. Well I'll see next week, I have Warn's on order should be here on Tuesday.

I'm not sure just how hot your talking about, but mine are always hot after driving. I think it will always be hot just because of where it is. It sits on the wheel next to the brakes which generate an enormous amount of heat. [ I'm sure you've been reading about the new hybrid cars which use this energy to recharge it's batteries ]. Anyways, unless it has damaged something, noisy or doesn't work (as in your case ), I don't see any need to worry.

I just changed the brakes two weeks ago. Antway I've switched the hubs as well. To Warn Manuel one. we'll see if they heat up as much. By the way changing the hubs did'nt fix my 4wheel either. Next thing is the transfercase motor.

Back