Rear Climate Control | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Climate Control

They all work the same, mine is same way, don't stress it out.
I don't understand what you mean?

My 2002 did not work like this. Whether you used the front or rear control, the airflow over the 2nd row continued.

I can't think of a reason why it should be cut off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most likely they figure with front controls no on in back so the goal is to regulate whole cabin quicker, maybe overall it circulates entire cabin better with just very front and very back.

I have a 2011 limited and the rear climate always works with the controls on the 8 inch MFT screen. Raise,lower temp,adjust fan speed etc. I have never tried adjusting the controls located at the second row seat, i dont even know where they are located. My dog is the only one who ever rides in the back seating area.

I have the overhead rear vents set to blow cold air in my direction in the summer. Able to control it with the mft screen without a problem.

My dog is the only one who ever rides in the back seating area.
:D Mine, too.

The controls are on the back of the console between the two front seats. I just reach back there to adjust it. The pup hasn't learned how just yet.

second row air

If you are controling the air from the driver to the back, make sure it air is set to the chest or chest and foot position. Mine works fine.

They all work the same, mine is same way, don't stress it out.

They DON'T all work the same. I control my rear air from mft and it blows out the 2ndfirst row just fine. Changing the rear temp on mft changes the air temp in the 2ndloop row too. My 15th month old has her car seat in the 2nd row and we control it always by mft.

There is clearly an issue if your 2nd row doesnt worl.

There is definitely a NEW issue!

Mine use to work just fine, where I could control the second row temp/fan from the MFT but now it just turns on the third row.

If I hand control over to the rear seats, the passengers can control the temp/fan for the second row just fine.

The only thing that has changes is I upgraded to 2.11

Mine use to work just fine, where I could control the second row temp/fan from the MFT but now it just turns on the third row.

If I hand control over to the rear seats, the passengers can control the temp/fan for the second row just fine.

I had 2.7 then 2.8 and have had 2.11 since the week of its release. It has worked the same for me with all 3 versions.

I had 2.7 then 2.8 and have had 2.11 since the week of its release. It has worked the same for me with all 3 versions.

Interesting.... I wonder what caused them to do this?

Interesting.... I wonder what caused them to do this?

I wonder if pulling the battery cable would fix it. Thinking it may be an mft issue.

I wonder if pulling the battery cable would fix it. Thinking it may be an mft issue.

Ahhh, yes.... the old pulling of the battery cable. That's a good suggestion! I will try that and see if it fixes it.

I just fiddled with mine to see how it works.
FROM THE FRONT CONTROLS: when asking for a/c air comes from the 2nd and 3rd row ceiling vents. When asking for heat air comes from 3rd row left floor vents.

FROM THE REAR CONTROLS: Can get a/c or heat from either ceiling or floor vents, or both.

Ahhh, yes.... the old pulling of the battery cable. That's a good suggestion! I will try that and see if it fixes it.

I just fiddled with mine to see how it works.
FROM THE FRONT CONTROLS: when asking for a/c air comes from the 2nd and 3rd row ceiling vents. When asking for heat air comes from 3rd row left floor vents.

FROM THE REAR CONTROLS: Can get a/c or heat from either ceiling or floor vents, or both.

From front controls, I can have 3 cold bars to 3 hot bars set on "auto" and it comes out 2nd and 3rd row ceiling.

Yes it works in the 2nd and 3rd row, when rear control is given, they control the temp, fan speed and all.

Hi guys,

I wanted to check in here to see if you were still having a concern. If so, I can help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

2nd row heating control messed up?

Hi,

I have a 2011 ltd awd explorer - with the nav system - and seem to be having an issue controlling the 2nd row climate from the front. If rear power is turned on it's only blowing to the 3rd row. Nothing comes out of the vents in the 2nd row now matter what setting I have it on (floor, floor/upper etc)

If I select "rear control" in the nav unit it then gives control to the controls in the 2nd row. When this is on, it allows air flow to the 2nd & 3rd rows.

Shouldn't I be able to control the vents in the 2nd row from the front? Why only the 3rd row? Because our kid is in a car seat, to get warm air to him from his vents I have to turn control to the rear (console) and reach back to turn on the fan and heat controls. Not a big deal but it seems wrong.

Any ideas?

Do a search, there is a rather lengthy thread on this very topic that you might find useful.

Do a search, there is a rather lengthy thread on this very topic that you might find useful.

Wouldnt it have been easier to redirect him to the post?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back