Lifeguard's sas. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's sas.

Ok, so since my car was towed home yesterday with no breaks i will be starting my sas. :D i am using a d30 front end with RA's that my buddy gave to me when he put a hp d44 under his 97 yukon :cool:. so since i have ben buying barts for over a year now i have almost all the styuff i need. there will be no guts in the axle for a little bit since i had to start on the swap eraly and need my truck back on the road. so on with the pics . i have goten this far in a day and a half. :D

i went thrugh 2 grinders cleening this thing up. lol good thing they wher only $8 from harbor freght
100_0911_00.jpg

100_0914.jpg

still need to weld the perches and set the pinion angle. anyone know an esay way to do that?
100_0916.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great now im going to have to pull you out of even deeper mud holes and off bigger rocks.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

ok so how many people have a sas and a body lift? i was thinking on getting one since i messed up the spring measurements lol. sound like a good idea?

ok so how many people have a sas and a body lift?
I do.. so does snowboarder88 .. and many others.
We're all just a bunch of newbs with *****... no wait, i meant body lifts.

it sits the same now as it did with the d30. and i wanted to run 35s, the tires in the pics are 30's and it just looks funny how wide it is with about 5" of lift lol

I would do it the right way and just start over with the new measurements. Why half ass it at this point? But its your truck. oneboy has a body lift with his sas and I love his truck.

It would be less work to cut the coil towers off, lower them, and weld them back on than it would be to install a bodylift.

well drove around the complex today and forgot to take the wrench off the brake bleeder and it broke off. lol and then i broke a bolt extracter off in the bleeder:rolleyes: so it looks like i need to get a new caliper. o well. hear are some pics :) hope you guys like
100_1210.jpg

100_1211.jpg

100_1212.jpg

ur bumper makes the truck look really pissed off...

Looks good! You'll have room for at least a 35" and probably more if you just trim the front of the front fenders, no need for a body lift.

well made a Lil bit of progress.:D finally got the 3rd member back from my buddy that was doing the gears(only took 2 and a half mothes:confused: ) o well he did it for free. i also finished the breaks tonight, will post some pics tomorrow. and my goal for next week will be to get the axle under the truck.

Adding a body lift because on highway use, this is at a good height. I hit a curb once on a turn in a parking lot and rubbed the fenders pretty good. If a 4" curb will shred up my fenders then I should do something about it. The front fender has already been slightly trimmed when I had the Superlift 5.5 lift kit in with the 33"s. I wanted to avoid doing anymore trimming to the front fender, just to keep the body "stock" like and not look all "hacked-up"....
Clearance of rear wheel with no body lift

Picture7.jpg

Clearance of the rear wheel with 3" body lift

DSC013511.jpg

A little stuffing at the front with the body lift

explorer_flex_1.jpg

Ride height with body lift

group_shot.jpg

ohe_boy thank for the pics. i did get the bl and i like the way it looks now.
so hears are some pics of where I'm at now. i have the rear axle in and centered.all i need to do to the axle now is set the pinion angle. i am having an issue with the drive shaft. i remember seeing some people had theres lengthened around 4-5" so i went and got a 4 door shaft to see if it would work, but it seems to long. dose anyone have a pic of there new shaft next to the old one? this is what mine looks like.
100_1223.jpg

and hears the other pics.
100_1222.jpg

i used a 79 bronco rear break line and it works perfectly
100_1226.jpg

100_1225.jpg

and hear are some pics of trying to see what it could do in 2wd.
100_1213.jpg

100_1214.jpg

100_1219.jpg

100_1218.jpg

and what i get to ride wile i work on my truck :)
100_1228.jpg

Looks good lifeguard379. What size tires are you going to run?

im going to run a 35. have to pay a lil bit to the credit card first lol

God I know how you feel. All the money is going to the credit card for the rest of the summer, then it will take me 15 min to get as far as I am in the hole now to get bumpers, sliders, hydro assist, and many other good things that my girlfriend hates:)

I think we've all been in that boat at one time or another.

Back