Rear dvd entertainment removal help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear dvd entertainment removal help!!

yoster

Reaction score
City, State
Clovis, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Eddie Bauer v8 4x4
Hi all,

Need your help bad. The rear dvd entertainment stopped working. The orange light is still on indicating it has power, but the LCD no longer turns on and buttons are all non-functional.

So today I went to pull the unit out as to check all electrical connections. Removed the 4 screws underneath the flip-down screen, but the dang thing still won't budge. As as if I didn't remove any screws at all! Help please! Taking kids to disneyland next week and this is going to kill me if I can't get this out and repaired.

2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's probably held in with some strong clips. I would check for more screws and gently start prying it.
There's no way it's held up with only 4 screws.
Just be super careful.

Hi all,

Need your help bad. The rear dvd entertainment stopped working. The orange light is still on indicating it has power, but the LCD no longer turns on and buttons are all non-functional.

So today I went to pull the unit out as to check all electrical connections. Removed the 4 screws underneath the flip-down screen, but the dang thing still won't budge. As as if I didn't remove any screws at all! Help please! Taking kids to disneyland next week and this is going to kill me if I can't get this out and repaired.

2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer.

After removing the 4 screws, "pull down on the sides of the DVD player to disengage the clips from the bracket.
Rotate the left side of the DVD player to the rear of the vehicle, then slide the player to the right to disengage the player from the mounting posts.
Disconnect the electrical connector."

After removing the 4 screws, "pull down on the sides of the DVD player to disengage the clips from the bracket.
Rotate the left side of the DVD player to the rear of the vehicle, then slide the player to the right to disengage the player from the mounting posts.
Disconnect the electrical connector."

There you go!

Where in Hamilton are you?!

Back