Rear liftgate window remote question~~ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear liftgate window remote question~~

cztexas

Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
04' Limited V8 4X4
I just owned an 04 X for two months. I just wondering could I use my remote to open the rear liftgate window? My remote key is Autopage. There is a button for trunk. But it seenms did not have any function on it. Everything I have to open the rear window, I have to find the rubber botton. So is there any "short cut" to open it?

Thank you!

Sounds like it may be an aftermarket replacement?

My remote for my 2004 is a Ford Motor one and it has a blue button that opens the rear hatch window. Only found out about the outside button a few months ago! If you have the door pad you can enter your code and then press 5 and it will also open the hatch.

Thank you. It maybe. I have two keys. The other one just like the regular Ford one. But only the blue button does not work:(

I have door pad. When I entered the code, it can unlock the door. BUT, if I opened the door, the alarm sound come out~~~~

I bought it as used car. I have no idea what kind of system my first owner put into it~~~

Sounds like it may be an aftermarket replacement?

My remote for my 2004 is a Ford Motor one and it has a blue button that opens the rear hatch window. Only found out about the outside button a few months ago! If you have the door pad you can enter your code and then press 5 and it will also open the hatch.

Back