• Register Today It's free!

relay locations

autodriver11

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Looking specifically for one-touch down window relay, accessory delay relay and battery saver relay. 1996 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome autodriver

Not sure how this site works. Replying to my own post.

The relay problem suspected on my '96 Explorer XLT has been solved (windows and moon roof not functioning). From reading various replies on site, it looked as though the accessory delay relay was the culprit. And that was the case. Thanks to several of you, I was able to locate the junction box above the accelerator and replace. On my vehicle this box has 6-7 relays. The accessory delay was the only square one . The others were smaller and rectangular, none with markings to indicate their function.

So..........my next question is,"does anyone have a diagram of the relays in this box indicating which relays perform what function?" I want to replace the one-touch down and the battery saver relays.

Thank you.

Thanks to several of you, I was able to locate the junction box above the accelerator and replace. On my vehicle this box has 6-7 relays. The accessory delay was the only square one . The others were smaller and rectangular, none with markings to indicate their function.

So..........my next question is,"does anyone have a diagram of the relays in this box indicating which relays perform what function?" I want to replace the one-touch down and the battery saver relays.

Thank you.

So, DOES anyone out there have such a diagram of that relay box? I have been trying to figure out what relay does what and try-and-find-out does not seem a good approach. Any HELP is appreciated!

Solid Lights, Blinking Lights

I found this location by googling my secondary problem. The 4WD light was blinking 6 times every 3 minutes. This began just a day after my primary problem of "once the doors close, timeout of the interior lights does not occur, the lights remain solidly on." We located the proper fuse to pull to save the battery [#27 on drivers side fuse block] But I need some suggestions for repair.

Thanks to this site, I learned of and located the Accessory Delay Relay box. With no other guidance, we pulled relays until the interior lights went out. Locally the NAPA store carried one in stock. When replaced, the lights still came on without timing out, but the blinking 4WD light problem went away.

Has anyone had the problem of the interior lighting not timing out properly and remaining stuck in the on state?

Here are the common things tried: Yes, checked all switches; Yes, sprayed all with WD-40 to insure clean electrical contact; Yes, pulled and reseated all possible relays -- both in the Delay Relay block and the engine compartment relay block; Yes, kicked tires with appropriate words.

I welcome any and all new suggestions.
--Ron

Looking specifically for one-touch down window relay, accessory delay relay and battery saver relay. 1996 XLT
My 1995 ranger relayes, wiper ,window. A/c, under hood 3 are the same type..

Back