Remote features disabled | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote features disabled

Has any gotten a message in their fordpass app saying remote features disabled to persevere battery? I get it all the time and not sure what it means? I have a 2021 Ford explorer.

View attachment 438949
Take it to the dealership and get them to check the BMS (battery monitor system) It happened to me and it had stuck at 22% but there was nothing wrong with the car. Once reset I have not had the message since. It is basically stopping you using your phone app to start or open your car

I got it fixed last week but was waiting a few to see if it came back. Basically I went on a cruise at the end of Dec and I left an internal light on. There was still enough power left to start the car when I got back, but it turned out that the battery monitor sensor dropped to 22% and would not reset no matter how much I drove. The dealership reset it and now everything seems to be OK
The battery saver program should have turned OFF any lights that were left ON. Do you recall which light it was?

Peter

The battery saver program should have turned OFF any lights that were left ON. Do you recall which light it was?

Peter
it was just an internal overhead light. I remember turning it off and the car started fine. Perhaps it had not dropped enough to do the auto turn off, but once started it did not reset the 22%, so until Ford reset it, the system would think I only had 22% battery life which is why it turned off just the remote features that worked from the app. It never affected the key fob.

Back