Remote Start Triggers Alarm After 20 mins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Triggers Alarm After 20 mins

libra

Reaction score
Hi guys, I purchased my 2003 Limited with a Code Alram Remote Starter already installed. I was finally able to get my hands on a manual and just in time. It is currently 0 degrees outside. My one issue is that after it shuts off after 20 mins, the alarm goes off. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can stop it. As always, thanks in advanced!

You need it to run for more than 20 minutes before you get into the car?

We have that say system in the explorer I jut bought my wife it is a little strange. If you start it with the remote once and then accidentially try again the alarm goes off. I have never needed it to run more than 5 minutes to be warming up when I get to the car, helps to have the heated seats on so when you get in even if the air isn't warmed up fully the seats are.

the reason it goes off after shutdown is because once the truck see's an ignition turn off it kick the dome light on .. in turn setting the alarm off ... there are a couple of ways around this but i suggest letting a pro do it .... unless you feel like tackling it ...

feel free to PM me and ill shoot ya the details

shut off

hey there i install alarms and radios, the reason you code alarm shuts off after 20 mins is the is a timer on the alarm to do so. if you want to have the alarm not go off you can ground the green/purple wire in the drivers door harness. it will disarm the factory alarm. but on the other hand you can get the factory alarm off of the code alarm and tag it to the same wire

Back