repair manual - wheel bearing

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
Hello To All

Someone among you it would have a copy of the repair manual with pictures explaining how to replace wheel bearings front and rear for my:exp: Explorer 1994.
I can not find it here in FRANCE

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse me for my English"
Dominik

im guessing you have auto hubs

WITH AUTOMATIC LOCKING HUBS
Raise the vehicle and install jackstands.
Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Remove the retainer washers from the lug nut studs and remove the automatic locking hub assembly from the spindle.
Remove the snapring and spacer from the end of the spindle shaft.

Fig. 5: Exploded view of the locking cam, thrust washers, locking key and bearing adjuster nut

85558037.gif

Fig. 6: Remove the wheel bearing adjusting nut after removing the locking key from under it

89688g17.gif

Pull the locking cam assembly and the two plastic spacers off of the wheel bearing adjusting nut.
Use a magnet and remove the locking key from under the adjusting nut. If required, rotate the adjusting nut slightly to relieve pressure against the locking key.
WARNING
To prevent damage to the adjusting nut and spindle threads on vehicles equipped with automatic hubs, look into the spindle keyway under the adjusting nut and remove the separate locking key before removing the adjusting nut.

Remove the wheel bearing locknut using a 2- 3⁄8 inch (60.3mm) hex socket, such as Hex Locknut Wrench T70T-4252-B.
Remove the outer bearing cone and roller assembly from the hub. Remove the hub and rotor from the spindle.
Using seal removal tool 1175-AC or equivalent remove and discard the grease seal. Remove the inner bearing cone and roller assembly from the hub.
Clean the inner and outer bearing assemblies in solvent. Inspect the bearings and the cones for wear and damage. Replace defective parts, as required.
If the cups are worn or damaged, remove them with front hub remover tool T81P-1104-C and tool T77F-1102-A or equivalent.
Wipe the old grease from the spindle. Check the spindle for excessive wear or damage. Replace defective parts, as required.
To install:

If the inner and outer cups were removed, use bearing driver handle tool T80-4000-W or equivalent and replace the cups. Be sure to seat the cups properly in the hub.
Use a bearing packer tool and properly repack the wheel bearings with the proper grade and type grease. If a bearing packer is not available work as much of the grease as possible between the rollers and cages. Also, grease the cone surfaces.
Position the inner bearing cone and roller assembly in the inner cup. A light film of grease should be included between the lips of the new grease seal.
Install the grease seal by driving in place with hub seal replacer tool T83T-1175-B and Driver Handle T80T-4000-W.
Install the hub and rotor assembly onto the spindle. Keep the hub centered on the spindle to prevent damage to the spindle and the retainer.
Install the outer bearing cone and roller assembly.
Carefully install the rotor onto the spindle. Install the outer wheel bearing in the rotor.
Install the adjusting nut and tighten 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) to seat the bearings.
Follow the appropriate wheel bearing adjustment procedures.

Fig. 7: When installing the outer hub cover, align the cam pockets with the legs on the cover
89688g18L.gif

and a exploded view of the rear but cant find info
85557073L.gif

Gex that is awsome you are exactly what this site is all about.!

In order to all my new friends,Kind regards

:thumbsup: yes !!!!! 'that's for sure I can ask here there always an answer to my questions, and I am really very happy to see there in this world still people who can share their knowledge and who cares about their next to make a lot of services, and this unfortunately rare today, and personally if I too can make for you all as many services it will be very pleased too if I can do
===============================================

"I am French and I tell you a very large thank you with all for your assistance and excuse me for my English"
Dominik

Back