french-jeremy

Reaction score
City, State
Orleans, FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Limited
Hello,

I'm french, excuse me for my approximative english :rolleyes:

My rear right wheel move on. I have take only my brake disck, and it move again.

I'm afraid, i don't want lost the wheel ...

What is the problem ?

Is it the bearing ? ( but i have no sound )

What can i control ??

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone here on the board speak French for the guy? I can't understand what he's trying to explain...but it sounds like he has a serious problem. Maybe a C clip issue??

Hello,

I try to explain.

I think, my right rear axle have a problem.

Because, my right rear wheel, move to the exterior on 0.31inch.

If you always don't understand, i try to reexplain...

Thank you.

If you measured that 0.31-inch with the brakes and caliper removed, then I dont think you have any problem. You should get about the same in-out movement from the other wheel.

You see these rear axles are not "full floater" axles and, other than the brake calipers, the only thing holding the wheels and the axle shafts in the axle are small C-clips that look like this:
RRAXLECLIPTMB.JPG

That C-clip rides in a groove and when the axle shaft is pulled, it hits against the differential's internals (one of the spider gears usually) and that's what stops the axle shaft and the wheels from falling off. Looks something like this inside the differential/axle:

traclok04_cclip_720.jpg

Well done Iz

Correct. Some movement is normal for that axle. As long as the axle shaft does not fall out of the axle housing, there is nothing to worry about. It is completely normal. :)

Oh, and your English is Way better than my French... Je ne-parle pas Francese. :)

Thank you very much.

Correction : Je ne parle pas Français. :D

@+

Back