• Register Today It's free!

Replacing Upper Radiator Hose

duke16

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0L AWD XLT
I need to replace my upper radiator hose. Can I just take the old one off and stick the new one on? Or do I need to worry about getting the air out of system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easy replacement, but you will need to refill the system afterwards. Fill it, crank the truck and let it run a little, fill it again, run it, fill it again until you cant fill it anymore. Also, when you replace the hose, replace the clamps as well. They can wear out after a while.

Cool, thanks.

when i replaced mine, before we started it, we "squeezed" (like a ketchup bottle) it to get out any air and let the coolant get in there. that made it a little easier. when we started it, we did the same thing, it wont' be that hot at first.

when i replaced mine, before we started it, we "squeezed" (like a ketchup bottle) it to get out any air and let the coolant get in there. that made it a little easier. when we started it, we did the same thing, it wont' be that hot at first.

Yep, sometimes called "burping" the system.

Back