• Register Today It's free!

Reverse Sensing System Problem

ftexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Caldwell, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLT
All of a sudden my reverse sensing system stopped working. The off light is always on, and I can't get the system to go back on. I checked for a fuse, and the system doesn't have a fuse according to the manual. How can I fix this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks

I'll check if there is a fuse. The break light was out, and I thought that because the brake light is wired to the sensing system that might be the problem. Unfortunately, it wasn't the issue. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.

I still haven't been able to find the problem. If anyone else has any suggestions, I am open to listening.

Check the actual sensors from behind the bumper. Mine did the same thing as you're describing , and one of the sensors had just become unplugged.

Check the actual sensors from behind the bumper. Mine did the same thing as you're describing , and one of the sensors had just become unplugged.
how do you get to them?

rss woes...

there are a bunch of posts with the same issues with RSS on here... no solve all solutions yet it would appear... have you had success fixing yours yet?

(2002 XLT)

Not yet. Accoding to manual I did get from www.fordcds.com I need to get it analyzed. I known that some parts store will to this for free. However I can no longer get to www.fordcds.com does anyone if this site was moved?

Back