• Register Today It's free!

Roush supercharged Adrenalin

sjones

Reaction score
City, State
Cary, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 V8 AWD STA
My STA search has now lead me to a Roush Supercharged 2010 Adrenalin with 46K miles on it. Wondering what extra things I need to look out for with a STA that already has one on it? Any extra maintenance required aside from the regular scheduled maintenance? Thanks for any info.

STA1.jpg
STA.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are the answers, just in case anyone else searches for this same info.

Got this directly from Brenspeed.

Supercharger Maintenance.
Air Filter
If using Factory Filter it should be replaced every 3-6 Months or Every 3,000 Miles.
Drop in Or Cone K&N Style filter should be cleaned Every 6 Months or 3,000 Miles.
Spark Plugs
Spark plugs Should be changed Every 2 Years, or 10,000 - 15,000 Miles at a Minimum
Brenspeed Changes Spark plugs in our Supercharged Vehicles Every other Race, or
Every 3 Months.
Supercharger Belt system
The Supercharger Belt system should be Inspected Every 3,000 Miles
Look t the top of the Belt is it still Smooth, Look at the Side are they starting the fray? If
So You need to replace your Belt.
When a Supercharger Belt is removed all pulleys should be check for any catches in the
bearings. To do so they will just need to be spun by hand.
The Supercharger Belt Should be Replaced Once a Year Or Every 5,000-10,000 Miles
Depending on Climate / Ware.
Supercharger inter-cooler system
The Inter-cooler System should be inspected every 3,000 Miles at a Minimum.
With Vehicle Running Inter-cooler Pump Should be Flowing, Look at the Reservoir to
confirm you have flow, If you do not have flow check you Supercharger Installation
Instructions to find out where your Inter-cooler pump Fuse is located.
Supercharger Oil
Supercharger Oil has a Service interval of 50,000 Miles, or once every 5 Years. Some
Supercharger will need to be removed to Change the Supercharger oil.

Most manufactures use Motocraft Full Synthetic Supercharger oil.

I have this exact setup on a non Adrenalin 07. I do have Adrenalin 20" wheels though. It's my commercial work truck or my sleeper. Call it what you want. I put it on the tuck a few years ago when the truck had about 125k or so miles. The guy who installed it for me gave me a look. But I'm super happy and just passed 200K. Never a tripped engine light, not once. I do no regular maintenance on they system I haven't even cleaned the filter. I did once change the plugs. I don't have any transmission tune on it. The factory transmission tune does't like all this power through first and second gear if you push super hard, so I never do. But after that it goes well. On the highway all you have to do is use the OD button to take it up to a good RPM when a chevy gives you a strange look. Hit the button and you drop two gears just like that. It will even give you a passing gear from there if you need but you don't have much time in that gear because you will quickly approach red line. But by then you're already approaching 90-100 mph. Now at 100 mph the truck starts to smile for you. This set up comes alive at 3500 rpm's. It really likes it above that. This truck is faster from 65-95 than 20-60 because of the crappy shifting through first and second with all the power on. On normal power the lower gears are just fine. It's got the power to do it but it's just not a truck you are going to spin tires on at every green light.
At 120 mph you will be below 3k rpm's with OD on, or if you are out of OD you can still do that same speed and have the aggressive throttle response. Just don't shift lanes at that speed, truck doesn't like that. I wish I had a place to see how fast this truck will go. I haven't hit any governors on top yet.
Too bad the body corners are starting to rust out. I believe this engine will make it to 300k miles. That's my personal goal.
Good luck.

That maintenance schedule seems overly aggressive. I think that is more for a road racing setup, than for an spirited daily driver.

I have this exact setup on a non Adrenalin 07. I do have Adrenalin 20" wheels though. It's my commercial work truck or my sleeper. Call it what you want. I put it on the tuck a few years ago when the truck had about 125k or so miles. The guy who installed it for me gave me a look. But I'm super happy and just passed 200K. Never a tripped engine light, not once. I do no regular maintenance on they system I haven't even cleaned the filter. I did once change the plugs. I don't have any transmission tune on it. The factory transmission tune does't like all this power through first and second gear if you push super hard, so I never do. But after that it goes well. On the highway all you have to do is use the OD button to take it up to a good RPM when a chevy gives you a strange look. Hit the button and you drop two gears just like that. It will even give you a passing gear from there if you need but you don't have much time in that gear because you will quickly approach red line. But by then you're already approaching 90-100 mph. Now at 100 mph the truck starts to smile for you. This set up comes alive at 3500 rpm's. It really likes it above that. This truck is faster from 65-95 than 20-60 because of the crappy shifting through first and second with all the power on. On normal power the lower gears are just fine. It's got the power to do it but it's just not a truck you are going to spin tires on at every green light.
At 120 mph you will be below 3k rpm's with OD on, or if you are out of OD you can still do that same speed and have the aggressive throttle response. Just don't shift lanes at that speed, truck doesn't like that. I wish I had a place to see how fast this truck will go. I haven't hit any governors on top yet.
Too bad the body corners are starting to rust out. I believe this engine will make it to 300k miles. That's my personal goal.
Good luck.
It's Bristol Baby! This weekend between races, the track will open to the public; donations go to the many BMS sponsored charities. Hit the HIGH BANKS.

My STA search has now lead me to a Roush Supercharged 2010 Adrenalin with 46K miles on it. Wondering what extra things I need to look out for with a STA that already has one on it? Any extra maintenance required aside from the regular scheduled maintenance? Thanks for any info.

View attachment 166011 View attachment 166012
Hello, I was searching for information on my Adrenalin, when I found MY 2010 Adrenalin on here, the one in the pic is mine, I bought it a few weeks ago in Peublo Colorado. I know it is mine after matching the Warning decal about the installed remote start, the Interstate battery with the positive red cable cover sticking up just a bit. Did you own this before me? You have any information about it?

Hello, I was searching for information on my Adrenalin, when I found MY 2010 Adrenalin on here, the one in the pic is mine, I bought it a few weeks ago in Peublo Colorado. I know it is mine after matching the Warning decal about the installed remote start, the Interstate battery with the positive red cable cover sticking up just a bit. Did you own this before me? You have any information about it?
how can I find this part?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/J...MA_seDQmgg5xGF2imbKGzpbXtQlnAWgY0t0CjHfA=s151

Back