• Register Today It's free!

??'s with 2-3" body lift

TerraBomb

Reaction score
City, State
Gaffney,SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 V60
If i'm going with an 2" body lift what the biggest tire i can get on the original rim ?

and what if i go with an 3" body lift now...

See i need new tires and i don't have the cash right now to lift the suspension 4" up , so i'm gonna lift the body and then put the tires on and then after that i'll put an 4" suspension lift under it, but i want to buy the good tires right away rather then buy tires now and in like 3 months buy new ones again...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Terrabomb,
You might be able to get 32's under there - as long as you don't do heavy off-roading. I am running 31's with a 3". From my experience, I would go with the 2" lift. Less problems with the steering binding. Also - don't go any wider than 10.5" on the tire - you may encounter some rub there too...

Jon

you can see from my pics I run 32's on stock rims. I have to try hard to rub, but in the rear there is some rubbing when it flexes hard. No big deal. I also choose to keep my running boards, thinking that the body lift would protect them from crushing while getting high centered. WRONG

I am running my 99XLT with the 2" P/P body lift with warrior shackles and T/T up front. I have 31x10.50R15 BFG M/Ts right now and I had very slight rubbing on the front bumper. I think you could run 32s, but I doubt very much you could run 33s. I am in the same position and now I am switching from the 2" to the 3"(wish now I had gotten it in the first place it would have saved me $80) so that I can run 33x12.50R15 TSL's. If I were you, I would get the 3" and then just hold off and buy 33s when you get the money. Just my $.02.

I'm hi-jacking the thread so i don't have to make a new one!!! (if that's ok w/you guys)

I have a 94 sport and i'm in the same position as the fellow above.
-i need new tires.
-i cant afford to do a huge lift at the moment
-i want to get 33x12.50 15

so here's the question, will these tires fit w/a 3 inch body lift, shackles (add a leaf if i have to) , and coil spacers? So we're lookin @ about 5 inches in the front and about 6-7 inches in the rear total-will it work?

For 95 - 2001 model the general consensus seems to be TT and shackles with 2" body lift will get you 32's" and with 3" body lift for 33's" with some cutting required in the front. I am installing the 3" body lift after I regear from my worthless 3.27's and sticking 33x10.5's on stock rims to minimize my cutting.

Originally posted by wilson_nick
I'm hi-jacking the thread so i don't have to make a new one!!! (if that's ok w/you guys)

I have a 94 sport and i'm in the same position as the fellow above.
-i need new tires.
-i cant afford to do a huge lift at the moment
-i want to get 33x12.50 15

so here's the question, will these tires fit w/a 3 inch body lift, shackles (add a leaf if i have to) , and coil spacers? So we're lookin @ about 5 inches in the front and about 6-7 inches in the rear total-will it work?

yes. you mave have to trim a little, but many people run this. just be prepared to lose alot in milage and pickup. with a 3" bl, i can run 32x11.5, so the AAL/Shackles/coil spacers in addition would give you plenty of room.

udmsvt, thanks for the reply- i'm getting around 20mpg, (we"ll find out today-replaced iac and tps last week) how much loss are we talkin' approx. i do mostly highway and won't be offroading for a few months.

depends on your gearing, and your driving. i have 3.27s. when i bought the truck, i was getting like 15/20 (1993 sport 5-speed, 79k, july 2002) i had 30x9.5x15s on then. i now run 32x11.5 on steel rims but have added a KKM, a new clutch, Bosch +4 plugs, splitfire wires, and i get like 12-13/16 if i take it easy...the truck had 97k. i have 3.27s though, power loss wouldnt be as great with 3.73s, but i cant afford to regear right now.

thanks again, i'm going to wait till winter do to this cuz school is getting ready to start and i have 2 more semesters and i will be done!!!! woo hoo, well anyway-i'm going to focus on small things during school like and intake, some undercoating, and basic maint. I'm going to try to get all the parts together so i can do the modding over winter break.

Back