School me on radiators

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
I'm looking for a radiator that has the inlet/outlet on the same side -- unlike the Chevy and ford radiators with opposing inlet/outlet ports.

Is it true that this design only exists in some Dodge vehicles (like the Dart) or did other make/model come with similar design?

Example:

Attachments

• same_side.jpg
    same_side.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 168

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure I've seen that design in some semi's...but I don't recall what types.:scratch:

I might just be confused:confused: though. It would be too big anyway. What do you need one for?

I'm pretty sure I've seen that design in some semi's...but I don't recall what types.:scratch:
Well that might be a little big ... might as well use the radiator as the chassis at that point :p:. Slightly smaller than the stock Explorer size (~20" x ~23" for the 98+) would even work since the extra piping will probably more than make up for the lost volume.
And yeah MountaineerGree[n] is correctooo.

Thanks for the links Mbrooks420 -- that Impala/Biscayne looks like it'll work great :thumbsup:

I run one of those in my Jeep. Awesome radiator. It is a double pass radiator is why the hoses are on 1 side. It has a baffle in the hose side tank so it forces the water to go through the radiator 2x for more efficient cooling. I got mine new from ebay. It is an Afco n-series aluminum double pass radiator and I really like it.

Those ebay links above are probably not a double pass since they are stock-ish radiators.

Back