• Register Today It's free!

SCT X4 pre-order!

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
SCT has announced the X4 will be coming out soon and will support the Explorer Sport with canned tunes.

Normal price is $499, pre-order price is $399!

As soon as they become available they will ship out!

Pre-order cancelled, as soon as they ship with Explorer Sport tunes I will let everyone know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice to see and they will be unlocked so you can resell!!!

Yes if they are unlocked, I don't have to spend another $500 on hardware, and $399 Im definitely interested.

Yes, looking forward to them coming out for you guys.
Also found a local guy with an explorer sport so downpipes and hotpipes soon!! :)

On the preorders, are they prepaid?

Wow from price perspective this looks great ! Cant wait

By the way 4drhtrd did you own a speed6 back in the day?? If so I remember you from the mazdaspeed forums lol.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place. What kind if tunes will be included for the EX sport? What kind of gains be expected?

Yeah is this just pre-canned tunes or can you modify your own?
I had an Edge Evolution in my F150 and loved it. I could take the canned tunes and tweak certain things like shift points.
Or is it just a blank tuner?

Also, can the X4 change settings live or does it require restarting car?

What I'd really like to see is an Eco setting that I could roll to performance on the fly...

Is this what BoostKing was working on? I am interested if the Livewire TS will work with this and if tune will retro back to the SF3 as well.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place. What kind if tunes will be included for the EX sport? What kind of gains be expected?
Usually 91, 93 tunes

Ya I agree, definitely want to see what were getting before we order.

Im guessing this is the unit?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...sema-2013-sct-releases-new-x4-programmer.html
Yes, that's it!

Yeah is this just pre-canned tunes or can you modify your own?
I had an Edge Evolution in my F150 and loved it. I could take the canned tunes and tweak certain things like shift points.
Or is it just a blank tuner?

Also, can the X4 change settings live or does it require restarting car?

What I'd really like to see is an Eco setting that I could roll to performance on the fly...
Usually you can modify the can tunes slightly for your needs, requires and upload of the tune again with car off, no live switches that I'm aware of.

Is this what BoostKing was working on? I am interested if the Livewire TS will work with this and if tune will retro back to the SF3 as well.
I'm guessing boostking will be able to weigh in on all these questions for a little more insight if he's allowed to.

I can only give you my experience with my SCT3 in the diesel world. for the $450 price range from a vendor, you got the handheld (unlocked and able to program up to 5 vehicles, only 1 at a time before it locks) and 3 custom tunes. The vendors had a bunch of custom tunes you could choose from and you could pick any 3 you wanted. They would then email you the tunes and you would overwrite the can tunes with those 3. As like the other tuners already, they are strategy specific.

In regards to the Sport, as stated, I'm sure there will be a 91 and 93 tune available but there may be others as well, like a gas mileage tune, a tow tune etc.

I was told by an SCT rep today that, although the X4 may be released sooner, they do not expect the Explorer Sport tunes to be ready before end of March at the earliest. That being the case, will credit card pre-orders be charged immediately or will payment not be required until the X4 and tune are ready to ship?

Actually I'm going to back off the pre-order, I don't like dealing with holding $$ to send out product.
Pre-order CANCELLED! :)

great news.

looks like I'll be getting an X4 for the sport, my raptor, and my HD truck lol. SCT Family!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The X4 is nearly ready for release.

To answer a few questions. Yes SCT should be releasing a preloaded set of tunes for the XSport. The Livewire TS, X4, SF3 and iTSX should all receive the update needed, however I do not know the order in which they will release them.

Back