Seat Covers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat Covers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Suggestions for driver seat cover?

Hi all;
My jeans back pockets are starting to wear out the leather where the pockets have these thick stitches. Does anyone have suggestion for a porous (seat AC) seat cover?

Thanks

I always buy my seat covers from cover king. Little bit more on the expensive side but well worth it. They are also custom fit for the vehichle. I would recommend the mesh seat covers since we have a/c seats

Hi all;
My jeans back pockets are starting to wear out the leather where the pockets have these thick stitches. Does anyone have suggestion for a porous (seat AC) seat cover?

Thanks
The following is from your Owner's Guide;

WARNING: Do not use accessory seat covers. The use of
accessory seat covers may prevent the deployment of the side
airbags and increase the risk of injury in an accident.

Do not place anything on the seat that insulates against heat, such as a blanket or cushion, because this may cause the seat heater to overheat.

Peter

bucket seat cover recommendation

Any recommendations on a good fitting cover to cover the 2nd row bucket (not bench) leather seat? The color of my Explorer interior is charcoal grey

Any recommendations on a good fitting cover to cover the 2nd row bucket (not bench) leather seat? The color of my Explorer interior is charcoal grey
As per my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one. Note the warning about covering heated/cooled seats if that applies. Also there is a warning about airbag deployment. Not sure if that applies to 2nd row seats.

Peter

I received a set of front seat covers for Christmas. Basically universal fit nylon covers. Having read through the various posts I can't tell if using them is going to be an issue or not, since my car has both heated seats and also the side airbags? What's the general consensus on this? O.K.? Not O.K.?

I received a set of front seat covers for Christmas. Basically universal fit nylon covers. Having read through the various posts I can't tell if using them is going to be an issue or not, since my car has both heated seats and also the side airbags? What's the general consensus on this? O.K.? Not O.K.?
My main concern would be that if they fit over the seat back and cover the side of the seat they would definitely prevent the side airbag from deploying or deploying properly. That is why the manual has that warning on page 55 of your Owner's Guide. Not OK.:thumbdwn:

Peter

get a custom seat cover then. mine has an opening to the sides for airbag deployment

Seat Covers?

I'll be picking up my 2015 Limited in a few weeks and want to get a set of seat covers for the 2nd row to protect against my kid and dog. Anyone have suggestions on a quality, decently priced set?

Levittown Ford sells the Covercraft seat savers cheaper than I've found anywhere else online. Anyone have experience with the Covercraft?

Also, Did anything change between the 13-14 Explorer and the 2015?
A lot of sites don't have much for the 15 when it comes to accessories and aftermarket parts.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum OMA81.:wavey:
As indicated in my PM, I have merged your thread with this existing one.
Good luck.

Peter

I'll be picking up my 2015 Limited in a few weeks and want to get a set of seat covers for the 2nd row to protect against my kid and dog. Anyone have suggestions on a quality, decently priced set?

Levittown Ford sells the Covercraft seat savers cheaper than I've found anywhere else online. Anyone have experience with the Covercraft?

Also, Did anything change between the 13-14 Explorer and the 2015?
A lot of sites don't have much for the 15 when it comes to accessories and aftermarket parts.

Thanks

http://www.wetokole.com/

I have them and love them. Have had them on previous vehicles. I absolutely hate the light tan color of my seats. I got the black with gray center and it looks much better.

I'm also looking for seat covers, but something a little cheaper. I occasionally drive for Lyft and since my seats are leather I want to have a little more protection. Mainly for the back seats. I've seen the swapmeet kind and that is a little cheap to me and ugly lol.

Just reminder to owners not to put seat covers on 'heated' seats.:thumbsup:

Peter

http://www.wetokole.com/

I have them and love them. Have had them on previous vehicles. I absolutely hate the light tan color of my seats. I got the black with gray center and it looks much better.

HI twodogs603
PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS LOCK I AM NOT YELLING.

I NEED YOUR FEED BACK IF POSSIBLE I HAVE A 2001 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4X4 I WAS THINKING OF GETTING THE WETOKOLE SEAT COVERS FOR THE FRONT ONLY. I HAVE THE OEM CLOTH SEATS AND I NEED TO SEE IF THESE WILL OFFER MORE SUPPORT AND DOES THE FOAM THAT COMES WITH THESE COVERS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE?

WOULD THEY FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE HOW DO THEY WEAR ETC. THE REASON I AM ASKING I HAVE A BUSTED NECK AND MY OEM SEATS ARE NOT THE BEST I WISH THEY FELT LIKE THE REAR ONE’S BUT THEY DON’T AND A FEW YEARS AGO I HAD THE FRONTS REINFORCED BY A UPHOLSTERY PRO AND THEY ARE HOLDING UP PRETTY GOOD.

BUT AS MY NECK IS GETTING WORSE HE RECOMMENDED THE WETOKOLE EASY INSTALL LAST LONG IF TAKEN CARE OF ANY INFO OR SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME.

BXTF NEVER FORGET 911

BXTF,
They do provide a little extra cushioning but I don't know if it would be enough for you or not. They hold up well. I just removed a set from my GMC pickup that I had in for 12 years and they gave me no problems.

As far as concerns from others concerning side airbags, these covers have the sides cut and secured by Velcro. I don't seee any issue with it interfering with air bag deployment.

I have leather seats but ended up getting these "Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers" for winter usage and protection.

They are breathable (heated seats work perfectly), side airbag compatible and the actual look, feel, fit & finish is very nice. I have only used them for winter thus far so I can't vouch for Summer usage.

The Taupe/Black color combo matches the interior cream leather / black dash perfectly.

Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers

2527_1_lg.jpg

2527_4_lg.jpg

BXTF,
They do provide a little extra cushioning but I don't know if it would be enough for you or not. They hold up well. I just removed a set from my GMC pickup that I had in for 12 years and they gave me no problems.

As far as concerns from others concerning side airbags, these covers have the sides cut and secured by Velcro. I don't seee any issue with it interfering with air bag deployment.

twodog603.
Sorry for the late reply I am geting some samples and will take it from there hopefully they might work the rep said that they might help a little bit,but I am trying to find somene around here that has them and see if I can get a test ride thanks again.
BXTF NEVER FORGET 911

I have leather seats but ended up getting these "Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers" for winter usage and protection.

They are breathable (heated seats work perfectly), side airbag compatible and the actual look, feel, fit & finish is very nice. I have only used them for winter thus far so I can't vouch for Summer usage.

The Taupe/Black color combo matches the interior cream leather / black dash perfectly.

Coverking Spacer Mesh Seat Covers

2527_1_lg.jpg

2527_4_lg.jpg

R1chard.
Thank you for the pictures those are the colors that I would like I will call them this week and look up reviews on them how are they holding up so far? and do you feel a big difference? and do they stay in place thank you for the info.

BXTF NEVER FORGET 911

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Car seat covers for a 2016 Explorer

I just got a call from wetokole stating that they currently dont make car seat covers for the 2016 explorer as they dont have measurements on the new seat. Can anyone recommend another premium quality manufacture?

Back