• Register Today It's free!

Seat Covers

alohamonte

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer 4.0 4x4
Anyone recommend an inexpensive seat cover for the front buckets? Not looking to reupholster, just a pull over the top seat cover to last a year or two.

I have a pair made by Dickie's (the work wear company) that I just put on. They're made of durable, non-static, material. Not a perfect fit, but not bad. Same with a similar set I was using that I think was made by Bell. I took the driver's seat cover off to wash it, and just never got it put back on. The other cover is on a spare seat in the shed. I came across the Dickie's covers recently and put them on instead. I bought them all at second hand stores, so I don't know what they really cost, or where to get them.

Edit: Looks like Walmart carries them. Be aware some seat covers come 1 to a box, & some are 2 in a box.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dickies-Seat-Cover-Protector-Black/20612102

I've had a set from "Precision Fit" (www.precisionfit.com) wrapped around the Explorer Sport seats in my Ranger for a couple years.

Very good fit, installed them tightly and they've not moved all and still look really good.

Had opted for the "spacer mesh" fabric and have no regrets.

Only issue was initial fit. Turns out there are two different seat back profiles for the 99 Sports (and likely others) and the first delivery fit the "other" profile.

Precision Fit absolutely made it right so no complaints at all.

Back