Shift to Park Issues/accelerate issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shift to Park Issues/accelerate issues

redlhs91

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I am having the typical shift to park issue that is driving me insane but this will be another trip to the dealership to have them just replace the shift but I seem to be having another issue as well. It seems that on take off my car will just seem to idle vs the normal acceleration process. It's like it doesn't know what to do to get moving. Is anyone else having this issue? It seems to have just started about a month ago or at least that is when I noticed it but it's all the time at this point. Suggestions? I have switched from Flex Fuel to regular and back thinking it might be a fuel issue but now I am not so sure.......

I am having the typical shift to park issue that is driving me insane but this will be another trip to the dealership to have them just replace the shift but I seem to be having another issue as well. It seems that on take off my car will just seem to idle vs the normal acceleration process...

Welcome to the forum, redlhs91! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. I'd recommend getting both of these concerns into the hands of your dealership. What's the current mileage on your Explorer? Be sure to post your results once you return from the dealer; I'll be able to investigate options to assist after they've checked this out for you.

Crystal

Thank you Crystal. I have had it to the dealership twice for the shift to park issue and it hasn't been replicated there. Although it happens almost every time I drive now. My mileage is currently 42853. I bought this car used on 10/1/14. Thank you for your quick response. I will be taking it to the dealer again next week.

Back