• Register Today It's free!

Silly question?

sfgmen415

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 navajo
Does the 1991 explorer/navajo have a "low fuel indicator" light on the instrument cluster?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No. And that's not a silly question. :p

The only low fuel indicator a genI has is the little needle that points a the "E"!!

94 no warning light either

I found out the hard way :banghead:. I ran outa gas ONCE, won't let that happen again. My sender in the fuel tank is garbage right now, so the gas gage on the dash shows full on startup, then slowly drops to E. So I have no way of telling, besides calculating miles driven and estimating my fuel level by MPG, how much gas I have. I now carry at least a gallon of gas for "just in case."

I found out the hard way :banghead:. I ran outa gas ONCE, won't let that happen again. My sender in the fuel tank is garbage right now, so the gas gage on the dash shows full on startup, then slowly drops to E. So I have no way of telling, besides calculating miles driven and estimating my fuel level by MPG, how much gas I have. I now carry at least a gallon of gas for "just in case."

Did you push it or have it towed?

That's how mine is but the opposite; when I start it up the fuel guage slowly moves up to where it should be. I turned it on one time, and it was on E. after driving for about 5min it went up to 1/16 - 1/8 of a tank.

How come i have a 19.3 gallon tank yet the most it lets me put in is about 17.5

Back