sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
This was the smaller of my two projects...

Its the radio bezel from a 2002 Sport. I'm eventually going to get the speedo cluster to match it too (if I decide I like how the silver looks)!

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 695

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:so jealous:!!!

is that painted silver or is the silver molded into the plastic?

Molded silver plastic. When I saw it on eBay it kind of looked painted. And it said 'custom silver' too. So I wasn't going to bid on it. But then it said from an 02 Sport so I knew it was factory.

thats cool.....

I WANT ONE!!!:bounce:

It would match my Radio NICELY!!!:D

i got mine for $6 plus shipping on eBay. Keep your eye out for em!

Would look good with the instrumentation and the silver console piece. I'm jealous too!

Yeah.. I'm workin on gettin those! :D I think it looks kinda goofy now and I wanted to take it out when I first put it on.. but I think I'll just leave it in there and get the other parts soon.

anybody ever try painting their stock pieces? mine has a nasty scratch.

Originally posted by expo5.0
anybody ever try painting their stock pieces? mine has a nasty scratch.

robert did. his truck is that cool sahde of purple, like barney. he painted the black parts of the center console, the black trim around the radio, and the black trim around the gauges all purple to match the exterior. it looks AMAZING, but if you read his write-up, its a PITA.

edit: heres the link to the thread explaining what he did, with pics:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35069&highlight=interior

its one of the coolest interior mods ive ever seen :D

Wow that looks awsome!! I'm gonna have to look for one of those.

Originally posted by tbomb
. . . it looks AMAZING, but if you read his write-up, its a PITA. . . its one of the coolest interior mods ive ever seen :D

Thanks Tbomb - You're right, it was a PITA. The problem was that the plastic has some kind of coating on it to make the flat black and it reacts badly to laquer paint. Even a year later though, and it still looks like the day I painted it. I had some concern that the paint would either crack or chip off since it was laquer. So far it still looks good.

are those, manual temp guages I see?

For now, Al, they are! :D

Okay.. so I installed the bezel yesterday in the DAY time. Now, last night I noticed that the green lights are waaaay different colors! WTF? Ha. Now I'm really going to have to hurry and find the other parts! :D

section525

Have you ever heard of anybody installing the Automatic Climate Controls and Message Center? I think that would look cool in your explorer to accompany your new bezel. I wonder what it would involve. ( I assume it's bolt on and really easy to do! ...right?)

Good Luck
asp84

Originally posted by asp84
section525

Have you ever heard of anybody installing the Automatic Climate Controls and Message Center? I think that would look cool in your explorer to accompany your new bezel. I wonder what it would involve. ( I assume it's bolt on and really easy to do! ...right?)

Good Luck
asp84

Message center is definately not a bolt on! Involves running tons of wires around the truck. I believe someone tried to do it on this board quite a while ago and it took him a very long time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Hartman
Involves running tons of wires around the truck. and it took him a very long time.

Hmm, tons of wires, ehh? Sounds scary.... nothing I would want to touch! But heck....if section525 can do a 2WD to AWD I'm sure he can do it! :D

Good Luck!!!
Al

Back