Size up on the tires 18"s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Size up on the tires 18"s

flyanbrian

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06' EB
I have the standard 235 65R18's and have begun my tire search but i am wondering what is the largest size you can run on these? And anyone have a good tire recommendation also?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went with a 275/55/18 Michelins which is about the same diameter but just wider.

Great i was looking at someone elses who is running 265 65r18's. I feel like the 235's are small looking on the suv itself.

265/65-18

I've been running 265/60-18 most of the summer now, no problem's, i like the width but they are a little tall, the speedo is off by 3 mph. I did get them used so i thought i'd try them, they'll be coming off in a couple months to put stocker's back on for winter ( i have 2 set's of rim's). Next summer i'm going to try something closer to stock height, just wider. Good luck

same here , just did 265/65/18, and they are perfect.

Just put 265-60-18 last weekend, no problems. Hated the 235 's.

what kind of tires are you'll running in those sizes? I have kumho's in the 235 size and they are garbage

I had Khumos 235-65-18, they lasted 57k miles which is not bad in my opinion, I could get another 1-2 k miles probably. They cost me $ 500 2 years ago including mounting, now I went with Bridgstone Duellers AT, at $185 a piece.
I hated the skinny 235, I used to get stuck in the snow with them with 4x4 activated.

Correction, I just looked at them and they are Bridgstone Duelers HT, not AT.

you guys running 265/65/18 on stock 18 inch wheels have no rubbing issue on the inside up front with the suspension or anything? I just looked today and with the stock 235/65/18 there seems to be less than an inch of spare space back there. I was thinking I might need at least a 1 inch wheel spacer to fit 265/65/18?

Back