Sold the Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold the Explorer

I'm surprised at how quick the Ex is... When I got mine it was stock, and so far all that's been done to improve performance is a K&N and a muffler... I think it's all the torque... It just flies off the line (if I don't spin the tires), and for a 4000+ lb truck it's pretty surprising... Next car I get I'm getting a manual tranny though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think there is much of a valid argument here... I own both trucks... the chevy feels quicker than the ford, and it has bigger numbers for horsepower and torque... these are facts not me bashing my old truck or fords in general

Don't worry be happy now!!:D
Can't we all just get a long :D :thumbsup:

It's cool... I'd bash 4.3 chevys too if I didn't actually own one

It's cool... I'd bash 4.3 chevys too if I didn't actually own one

4.3's are pretty quick if the drive knows how to drive. I have worked at 2 Chevy dealers and have driven every vehicle that has the 4.3 in it. the extreme is actually really fast compared to the explorer when you put them next to eachother. I used to race so I know how to drive correctly so like I said if you shift any vehicle correctly and get the right sequince then you can out perform a vehicle with a bigger motor if the driver of the other vehicle is not experienced enough to drive it right.:D Food for thought!!;) :cool:

well uh all three of my trucks are auto

the gears are the deciding factor, you could drive a explorer 4.0ohv with 3.27 gears and then drive a blazer 4.3 with 3.27 gears and itd feel similar quickness but if one has 3.55 or 3.73 and the other 3.27 the truck with 3.55 or 3.73 gears is going to win, if the engines are similar

yeah i agree with that

Paint all the Blazer Parts Chevy Orange. That way you can find the parts that fall off easier...Durn did I break out in a rash from spelling chevy....

Lol!

Paint all the Blazer Parts Chevy Orange. That way you can find the parts that fall off easier...Durn did I break out in a rash from spelling chevy....

Ur just egging me on to build it so it will take out explorers... but there is still way to much love in my left heart for explorers for me to wanna do that

I had a 96 4x4 blazer....be careful, at about 100k things started goin, in a span of less then a year i had to rebuild the motor, the tranny went out twice, the brakes wore pretty quick with the 31s, and the bearings went pretty bad....more so than i expected....anyway becareful with a TT if you plan on doing it, i went just a tad over 1 inch with the 31s i had on there and the cv axles didnt last long. finally got rid of it and got the explorer.....just sayin becareful with it

CHEVROLET, the name stands for something dont you know?
Cheep
Hardly
Effient
Virtually
Runs
On
Luck
Every
Time

I thought it stood for:
Cheap
Heap,
Every
Valve
Rattles,
Oil
Leaks
Every
Time
:D

that too

I thought it stood for:
Cheap
Heap,
Every
Valve
Rattles,
Oil
Leaks
Every
Time
:D

definitely doesn't rattle like the explorer... thank god

Yeah, I realized after I type that that the hallmark of Explorers is lifter noise (And weak autos, and rollovers), leave it to the chevy owner to rub it in my face :p (Don't worry, I'm just ribbing you Arthur :D)

Pat

i had an 88 blazer 2 door with a 4.3 and wow that was a fast car. i could actually get the tires to squeel when running on a straight street.

i love both trucks... im actually doing a whole new custom grille on the blazer soon its gonna be badass

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CHEVROLET, the name stands for something dont you know?
Cheep
Hardly
Effient
Virtually
Runs
On
Luck
Every
Time

Well Chevy is owned by

General
Mess of