Speaker Grilles

4Wheelin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport 4x4
I have a 93 Sport and I wanna know how to get the speaker grilles off. Do I have to take the whole panel off or do the grilles just pop off? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You have to pop off the door panels for the front and the rear panels to access the speakers. For the fronts,remove the window/door lockpanel by prying it up with a screw driver then remove the large panel with a phillips. Then remove the two screws underneath the door handle. Pry out the blakc latch surround with a screwdriver. Then, Use a pry tool or a stiff putty knife to pull out the plastic clips on the bottom of the panel and then lift the panel up over the lock. Be careful, there are several wires attached to the door panel and these is a plastic sheeting material that seals the door Try not to tear it. Replace the same way. As far as the back goes, I'm not real sure.

hope this helps!

For the rear, just take your fingertips, and push down on the top of the grill then pull out. Take you about 5 seconds. About the front, just take your time and be careful. Age tends to make the plastic a little brittle!

Back