Speaker Replacement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speaker Replacement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know how these speakers work out for you. I have a set that are better than the factory speakers, but I seem to be getting some distortion from them with any kind of bass running through them.

Dan

*sigh* Well we tried to install my head unit, but ****ty wiring made it not happen. So the headunit and speakers are sitting in my room. I have to go out and buy an amp, rca cables and speaker wire. Oh joy.

I am lost...Why would you not be able to do it? Also don't use just electrical tape on the wiring. Use butt connectors with a crimper from Autozone or something along those lines. If you use electrical tape, there is a chance that if it gets really hot in the summertime, it could just fall off.

I tried using electrical tape. The head unit would boot up but no sound would come out of the speakers. So I called up one of my asian friends(he is extremely good with car audio electronics) try to fix it, and he said something is up with the wiring. And he said it would be much easier to get a small 300 wat amp, rca cables, 16 gauge speaker wire and hook it up that way. He said you will get much better sound out of my new speakers too by doing it this way. He also said I can get all that I need from Wal-Mart for cheap.

This thing has ened up being more of a headahce than expected. We started it, and now everything is just so messed up. My rear passenger door wont open now, everything is a wreck. I'm taking it up to Highway Hi-Fi next Saturday. Now I need to figure out how the heck I'm going to get this door to open...

do you have a factory amp.

I know some head unit's remote lead wire is only strong enough to turn on one amplifier.

I thought something was f'd up in mine when I installed my Alpine..found out all I needed was a relay because the head unit couldn't turn on the factory amp AND the sub amp.

Thats what the guy for Highway Hi-Fi said. But I didnt dare take off more things just to look for it. haha More of my focus is on how to open the rear passenger door before next saturday lol

simple...unscrew all the screws you can see...I think there are only two.

Stick a flat head between the panel and the door and then yank it off...there are only pop tabs hold the panel on...you can't be afraid to rip that door panel off lol

Im running the Infinity Reference 6812cf also and im very happy with the sound I think you will be to. They have the UniPivot tweeter which are good for aiming the sound at your ears in an explorer

FINALLY the speakers are installed. But everything is sort of jimmy rigged at the moment. The amp wouldnt run, so my friend and I just hooked the speakers straight to the head unit. And they are very loud, and they bump.

The only concern I have is that I think unit is going to overheat when it has to pump all the power to all 4 speakers.

Back