• Register Today It's free!

sports with dual exhaust

chezoom

Reaction score
City, State
plano texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' F-150 Super Crew
i just got back from my favorite exhaust shop with my magnaflow dual muffler back exhaust and they told me it couldnt be done. i know there is a few of you (sam) that have this done. what was done to make it work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pics would help to

Do you have just the magaflow muffler with dual outs?

Bolt-on I do not think (or at least know of a complete kit) that would fit would fit a sport without modifications.

It's not impossible but your muffler shop would have to be "creative" in routing the duals. I believe this would be a total custom exhaust job (at least for the left side / driver's side outlet)

Another option is to have the duals exit side by side. (Unfortunately it doesn't look as cool as having 2 tailpipes on either side). Anyway, on my 99 Sport, the pipes were routed side-by-side, used smaller resonators mounted downstream of the main muffler (and offset from each other) and came out around the same area as the stock exhaust

no this kit came off a pole wrapped 98 camaro. its single in, dual out, not cross flow. i know it will take some custom pip bending which im fine with and have the coin to do. they just said there was no room. but i know ive seen pics of sam's sport with flowmaster duals on each side. i asked them if i lifted it alittle. (TT and shakle) they said come back and will talk. all i want is to see how people have there dual exhuast done and if any modifications were done to make it happen

your spare is in the way

i still got the spare on mine and i got single in and dual out i dont have pics of the setup how it looks underneth.

but i got pics of my flowmasters on www.cardomain.com/id/sams01xplrsprt

think you can take some pics sam?

looks or performance?

In my opinion a standard dual exhaust system is not warranted on a normally aspirated (no turbo or supercharger) V6. A single 2.5 inch diameter exhaust is adequate for the less than 500 cfm your engine can flow. You will be adding weight, cost and complexity for minimal performance gain that would only occur at WOT. To maintain low engine speed torque you need to retain the cross bank flow close to the downpipes. The V6 performance can definitely be improved by replacing the stock muffler with a high flow muffler.

If your main objective is looks then just attach a dummy exhaust tip on the driver side.

It's about the look & sound. When those cold days rolled in and the exhaust is smoking, it's nice to see dual exhaust just a rollin'.

Here's some pics of mine.
2uz5u1s.jpg

dm5ufn.jpg

5x8j1w.jpg

This is all before I lifted it, so now it hangs lower under the bumper b/c of the BL.

In my opinion a standard dual exhaust system is not warranted on a normally aspirated (no turbo or supercharger) V6. A single 2.5 inch diameter exhaust is adequate for the less than 500 cfm your engine can flow. You will be adding weight, cost and complexity for minimal performance gain that would only occur at WOT. To maintain low engine speed torque you need to retain the cross bank flow close to the downpipes. The V6 performance can definitely be improved by replacing the stock muffler with a high flow muffler.

If your main objective is looks then just attach a dummy exhaust tip on the driver side.

its def looks. i thought about a dummy pipe but i dont want to look like a fake lol

It's about the look & sound. When those cold days rolled in and the exhaust is smoking, it's nice to see dual exhaust just a rollin'.

Here's some pics of mine.
2uz5u1s.jpg

dm5ufn.jpg

5x8j1w.jpg

This is all before I lifted it, so now it hangs lower under the bumper b/c of the BL.

thank you. this helped alittle but i cant get rid of my spare

btw what exhaust do you have Axial?

This is a sport for sale at a local dealership in PA, this is what the exhaust looks like, but im not sure how it is routed. Most likely has no spare.

Attachments

• sport dual exhaust.jpg
    sport dual exhaust.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4,227

If you're actually going to put this on the trail (you have the WAR153s after all), putting on dual exhaust is pointless IMO because sooner or later, you're going to bang it up on a rock and one of the pipes will be pointing inwards. If it were me, I'd spend the money on something else. Plus the bumper lines just doesnt match the dual pipes -- just looks out of place IMO.

This is a sport for sale at a local dealership in PA, this is what the exhaust looks like, but im not sure how it is routed. Most likely has no spare.
that is clean! i like and want!...

If you're actually going to put this on the trail (you have the WAR153s after all), putting on dual exhaust is pointless IMO because sooner or later, you're going to bang it up on a rock and one of the pipes will be pointing inwards. If it were me, I'd spend the money on something else. Plus the bumper lines just doesnt match the dual pipes -- just looks out of place IMO.

My truck is 2wd and there is no trail around here... the only off roading she does is alittle off roading (puddles down at the back of my grandparents farm. nothing hard lol. to each is own i guess. i think it will look awesome

If you have a hitch, or are going to put a hitch on you will have problems with fitment. If your going to do it i would go with the slash cuts and the position that axial has.

i dont intend on towing with this for a while and theres no hitch

i still got the spare on mine one of these days i will try to take pics and show u the setup on how mine looks

i think axial has glasspacks on his but i not to sure

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no rush anymore. i got laid off my job today.

Back