steering pump filler neck / O-Ring?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

steering pump filler neck / O-Ring??

little x

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
SW VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL
Does the power steering pump have an o-ring that goes on the little dip stick you pull out to check/add fluid? I noticed my cap fits on very loosely, as if there should be an o-ring on it to keep it tight. Can someone run out to their truck and check it for me? Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

goto harbor frieght they sell them in boxes not sure if itneeds to be special though

parts stores. might be able to get it with a new cap.

Yeah just go to your local advance or auto zone and look in the help section , I think I paid 6-7 bucks for a new cap with ring.

I checked out a few places looking for just the o-ring today. No luck finding one that large. I know napa has a new cap for $5.99, I just wasn't trying to pay that much when all I needed was the o-ring. But, I guess I'm going to bite the bullet on that one.

you can try takeing the receipt back to advance and get the diffrence back if they do price matches

Well, you could go to your local hardware store,they probably have a box of different sizes o-rings, one will probably fit and cost you less than a buck. Thats what I did at first but my PS fluid would leak when its gets cold and the pressure build up in the pump blew the lid off and I had to go get a new one.

Back