Still Waiting | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still Waiting

How do I get my dealer to abide by this? They keep telling me that if the lease rate changes and the residual change I would have to go with whatever comes up. This is ticking me off because the program ends on Monday 4/4. I know you're probably away for the weekend Seni but I need your help!

powerofx,

Please check your inbox. I have replied to this post in a message. Thank you.

Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be very interested in finding out how Ford arranges its shipping of these vehicles. It obviously isn't by the order in which they come off the line. Perhaps it is governed more by destination. Mine came off the line of 2/24 and was at the Markham IL train yards March 2nd. It was on a railcar, I believe, on the 4th and arrived just outside of Toronto late March 7th. It sat there a couple of days (big snow storm) and was on a transport on the 10th arriving at my dealership outside of Ottawa the morning of the 11th.

How did you get all of that transit info?
I'd like to see if I can track where oh where mine could be since I ordered it 1/15/11...Thanks

Build & ship info

Dismania,

I apologize for the lack of a status update in the last email I sent to you. I was focused on getting your concern resolved and as you stated, I did overlook providing the latest tracking information. Please check your PMs, I have sent a reply.

Seni

I'm new to this posting(& posting in general)
Looks like your the go to person here.
I'm wondering how so many people know their build date, ship date etc.
I've got my vin & just found the links to get the sticker(thanks to I think Jdager?? apologies if incorrect no offense intended)

So can you tell me how to find all that info??
Thanks

I've got my vin & just found the links to get the sticker(thanks to I think Jdager?? apologies if incorrect no offense intended)

Thanks
The sticker will show up 4-6 days before build.
Sync goes in 24 -48 hours after build. Make an account on www.syncmyride.com It will say "vin not validated" until Sync is installed.
From there you can call & bug the Ford CSRs for delivery dates!

Make sure to also join many of us on this FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/FordExplorer#!/FordExplorer

I would first suggest sending your VIN to Seni and she will get you the current status. Just click on her red FordCustSrvc in the post above and select send a private message.

Thanks

On the top left of your window sticker you will see a set of numbers that starts with 1 or 2. (1) it has been built and (2) (it will be built). the next number is the year, 2011, and then next four numbers are the month and day it will be built or has been built. Hope i got this right

Thanks

Please check your PMs. I have sent you a message. Enjoy your week!

Seni aka "The go-to-person"

Uh oh, according to my window sticker, my build date is TODAY--a Friday AND April Fool's Day. That can't be good haha

;) Oh no, there's no room for superstitions around here! LOL, I hope you received the PM that I sent you alright. Enjoy your weekend!

Seni

i spoke with a friend yesterday - hes a regional sales mgr for ford - and while its not being disclosed publicly - he mentioned of a railcar/convoy shortage.

there are around 6-8000 explorers in their shipping yard awaiting shipment. a logistical nightmare - one company ended up pulling out of a contract, or something.

He didnt have much more - but this was given to him in a company email - and im not sure if it should be leaked or not - so i am not going to name him.

Mine looks to be delivered by truck - monday - right at week 7 - so i am considered one of the lucky ones to make it in the 6-8 week window.

Those that are waiting significantly longer have to be the ones waiting on a train. Its the only thing i can think of - if you more than a state or two away im guessing thats the case.

But this was the most concrete reason ive heard as to why the shipping is taking so long.

Hope it can put some peoples fears to rest.

Awaiting Delivery

Ordered 2011 Ford Explorer Mid-January, still have not received vehicle. Called Ford Customer Service, vehicle was built 2-18-11 and has been awaiting shippment with delivery date of 3-10-11, Called today and the delivery date is still 3-10-11.

I noticed today my dealer has 5 other 2011 Ford Explorers on the lot all which were built Mid to Late March 2011, mine was built back in Mid Februrary and I am still Awaiting Shippment. Frustration has definetly set in...

Seni I notice you have replyed to multiple posts on here and are able to ease some of the frustration and assist with more detailed delivery status. Please e-mail me back and I can provide you with VIN or any other.

E-mail: nonelson@hotmail.com

Thanks

Seni I notice you have replyed to multiple posts on here and are able to ease some of the frustration and assist with more detailed delivery status. Please e-mail me back and I can provide you with VIN or any other. Thanks

awaitingford,

I have sent an email asking for the information I need in order to track your order. Please reply and I will do my best to get back to you today or early tomorrow. Thank you.

~Seni

Order date 09/04/10
Build date 03/12/11 (verified by the VIN)
It still hasn't shipped as of Friday 4/1
I understand delays but the lack of straight answers from the dealer and customer service has made me decide to cancel the order tomorrow.

Hey!

Send me an email if you have yet to receive your Explorer and I will be happy to track your order for you. If you have received your Explorer I hope that you are enjoying it! :)

~Seni

I will be receiving my explorer today. It arrived last week but just like you said dealer would need a day or so to get options installed. Thank you for helping with this and for following through it has been nice working with you. I look forward to driving new explorer.

At this point I am still hanging in. Ordered Nov 23, Built Feb 24 (3 months), First promised delivery week 28 Feb, Second promised delivery week (27 Mar), STILL NO EXPLORER!! I know I live 5 hours from the factory (A LONG WAY). Customer service cannot tell be why it was held up the first time and elevated the issue up the chain. That is when I received the 27 Mar date (and they tried to tell me it was the date established when I ordered it in Nov). They still cannot tell be why it has not shipped or how those ordered in Jan and Feb and those built in Mar are shipping and ours is setting. I think Ford needs to seriously work on its customer service (first in and first out, within reason). They also need to work on their delivery system (not sure they have one). I am still hopeful though.

I was reading through the forum and saw this post. I am most likely too late in my response to offer any assistance but would like to confirm that you have received your Explorer. If so, I do apologize for the delay you experienced awaiting your vehicle and I am also sorry that I have just now responded to this. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

~Seni

Seni,
Picked up the Exporer on 13 April. As of now everything is fine for the most part. Will need to take it back for the A-Pillar and Sync update in the near future. Sync update to address the clock changing times and hopefully some voice recognition problems. Had the A-Pillar buzz for the first time yesterday. At this time we have 500 miles on it and are happy we waited.

Mine was supposed to be here 3/29. Still waiting....

Seni,
Picked up the Exporer on 13 April. As of now everything is fine for the most part. Will need to take it back for the A-Pillar and Sync update in the near future. Sync update to address the clock changing times and hopefully some voice recognition problems. Had the A-Pillar buzz for the first time yesterday. At this time we have 500 miles on it and are happy we waited.

I am also so glad that you waited! Please keep me in mind if you have any questions/concerns in the future. Also, keep in touch and let me know if the above concerns are remedied.

~Seni

I will be receiving my explorer today. It arrived last week but just like you said dealer would need a day or so to get options installed. Thank you for helping with this and for following through it has been nice working with you. I look forward to driving new explorer.

I am glad that you have received your Explorer! I see that you have been communicating with Cory on some questions/concerns. I hope the Explorer is treating you well! :)

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back