streaming music with your phone through bluetooth?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

streaming music with your phone through bluetooth??

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
anybody know a really good deck or in dash dvd player thats under 700 bucks that will stream music from a phone using bluetooth? i have no expierence using bluetooth, im not sure if this is even a logic question to be asking. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sure there's quite a few out there that will do it with good quality, i can stream music to my computer over BT with great quality. im sure it would be fine. just google search blue tooth head unit

im sure there's quite a few out there that will do it with good quality, i can stream music to my computer over BT with great quality. im sure it would be fine. just google search blue tooth head unit

Are you streaming music or are you just transfering music files?

streaming music. ive got a mp3 player cell phone. almost like the LG chocolate.

Some of the new phones have a different type of blue tooth for the streaming of music. It's supposed to be really hight quality stereo output. I didn't even know they made decks with built in BT receiving though.

Clark, I've got the LG CU500. You can pick up a stereo cable for your phone from RadioShak for $9 that will plug into an aux port on the front of most head units. Mine is a Sony XPlode unit (I went cheap). Works just fine. The cable takes you from a smaller stereo jack with the three bands, and increases it to a standard jack size, similar to those a regular set of headphones would use.

My total MP3 setup is
$10 1G MicoSD card
$15 SD card reader/writer
$9 Stereo cable converter
$75 Sony head unit

If you get a hands free kit that runs through your head unit's speakers then you can stream through yr head unit essentially..

I've got a sony ericsson handsfree bluetooth kit in my Ex and you need the add on HCE-16 to make it work

Si

nope, im streaming from the phone wirelessly through BT and it sounds just as good as if it w. im almost positive there's a deck out there that'll connect to BT. but yea im playing music wirelessly in full stereo from my phone through my computer spkrs as i type this.

just for the info my phones a sony walkman w810

Motorola makes a BT hands-free kit for the car that has a wired output. Run a cable to the aux-in on your headunit and you can use bluetooth to stream music to any headunit. It runs about $150USD.

Back