Stuck Body Mount Bolts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stuck Body Mount Bolts

cobraguy1989

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
It's as though my rust bucket of a mountaineer loves to play mind games with me, I start a project get almost done then it throws a pain in the butt issue. So I am working on putting a body lift on. I got 7 of the 10 body bolts out. The front mounts and one behind the seats. I got the nuts off of the two front and when I hit the bottom with an impact, it just spins everything. Has anybody had this issue or suggestions on how to fix?

Fronts: These fill with water and rust the bolt to the big washer. Soak for days with PB Blaster or something similar. Wipe clean before this....

Apply a little propane torch heat (to break the factory thread locker). Grab the big round washer with a pipe wrench, and hold the bolt head as you turn the pipe wrench or vice versa, which ever works best at the time.

Behind seat: Hit this with the torch from underneath as well, (until it smokes a tiny bit), it should break free.

Thanks for the reply. Those tips worked like a CHAMP!!!! I was able to get them all out. :)

Back