Sunroof Controls on 2000 XLT

LMedina

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Aloha Everyone,

Does anyone know what the "ASC" button is for, which is mounted on the overhead console which controls the sunroof? I know who ASC is, but what is that ASC button supposed to do? All I can tell you is that it turns red when I push it. Nothing in the manual says anything about it.

Mahalo-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure on this but either it just lights up or it is a "one touch" button for opening the roof. :monkey:

When the button is red the sunroof will not close when you turn the key off.

WOW! The seach for answers really works. I too have wonder about what the ASC was on my daughter's 96 Exp, now I know.

LMedina said:
Aloha Everyone,

Does anyone know what the "ASC" button is for, which is mounted on the overhead console which controls the sunroof? I know who ASC is, but what is that ASC button supposed to do? All I can tell you is that it turns red when I push it. Nothing in the manual says anything about it.

Mahalo-

I believe that would be an aftermarket sunroof, which is why there isn't anything about it in the manual. The factory installed roofs have a toggle similar to/the same as the window toggle.

Back