tail lights but no brake or turn HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tail lights but no brake or turn HELP

tonysearsjr

Reaction score
City, State
kokomo,in 46901
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 explorer sport
01 explorer sport. tail lights work with head lights as usual, but i have no rear turn signals nor brake lights. front signals are working and flash fast as if i had a bad bulb both rear bulbs are new and the fuses are fine. tried brake light switch and nothing new. returned part for the money. just bought on monday didnt realize this headache problem until last night. it started with the right side first then today the left went out too. any ideas would help. thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trying tilting the steering wheel all the way up, the connectors at multifunction switch break and let the wires pull out.

the made in mexico dash harness is too short for the multifunction switch, when tilting the wheel the tabs on the connectors break, and the connector walks out.

they sell a replacement connector, you can put in and add length to the too short harness.

exactly right

tilted wheel all the way up and both sides in rear now work. i see that one says can replace harness to fix? is it a pain with bunch of butt connectors or is it factory connections? probably butts but i am curious to know before i go buying the part and pullling collum apart. and to whom told me this bit of info thanks! i live in kokomo in and have talked to almost everyone i know and people in the phone book they all said fuse-bulbs-relays-brake light switch. got on this forum and in one try got my answer

wherer can i find this replacement connector? ford home cannot get nor heard of anything but that has to be something in this line. headed the right way now for the parts

Back