The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

OH, BTW, love the new build title. I guess you do have balls.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gdamnit I couldn't find my build thread lol, I like it, nice job sir. yeah the sliders are gonna be pretty sweet, I was concerned that they would make the truck look like it sits higher, my fav thing about it is that it sits so low. it really is exceeding my expectations, if i could get the d44 locked and stuck in there it would be fully ready to rip, notwithstanding figuring out a doubler shaft. I don't think that im going to break the d30 open, one of Erics buddys rocked a yj with an open d30 in the front and a locked 8.8 and he said he never broke the frontend, ive never wheeled with him but ive heard tales of awe about how he beat the piss out of it, so I have good expectations for this one.

here are a couple vids from last weekend wheelin on our hardcore trail called blacks. this is the first obstacle called the filter, as you can see the first sammi had a lot of trouble, the 2nd made it but it took him a few tries and my buddy Brett's wife who has never driven a 4wd, in the cheapest built rig there walked right through it. she was the only one who made it first try, made me really wish I had the bII there.

th_baf2e6f4.jpg

th_02128f3e.jpg

th_e9f15404.jpg

Cool vids. Seems that the first sammi kept getting hung up on the same rock with the height of his axle. IMO he would have made it if a different line was taken to the side of the rock like the others did.
Sliders i bet are going to be installed for sure.

Yup... Thats what I get for trying to help someone in a Sammy... Damn Sammy driving bastages...

yeah garret sold his sammy and moved to california. that bs just goes to show you that if you put cheap pos ujoints on your moly axles you will regret it, A LOT. I still have that shaft in the garage, I think im just gonna haul it down with my next load of scrap.

Do you happen to know the WB of any of the trucks, stock or lengthened?

the sammis are both under 100" and the yota is about 106 I think. the red sammi and the yota are both on 39.5 tires, the yota on pitbull maddogs and the sammi on iroks. the green rig is on 33's, he bought a bogger from me to put on it and hasn't gotten 3 more yet.

I got bored this afternoon and decided to put my exhaust together, so I cut the cat off the summit street/strip muffler that was on there and I welded the glasspack in its place, the glasspack is new, its been kicking around in my dads shop, thats why its missing so much paint, but oh well it should work just fine, and I really like the sound of the glasspack on these 4.0's vs the chambered mufflers, search on youtube and you can compare the difference.
68aac6a0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anglegrinder-1.png

Have you checked both hands to see if your missing three fingers?

As part of a Moderator's Modus Operandi, we are to point out potential hazards as in...No guard or handle on the above angle grinder.
Believe me, I've spent decades and decades in the sheet metal/steel working trades and have see so much blood including complete body part dismemberment and death due to to something so simple as your right hand not knowing where your left hand is.

You probably have the guard and handle on once the cut-off wheel goes on the grinder. It looks like a flapper or grinding wheel in pic.

Take it from me, it's not easy to work with a thumb that was once dangling from my hand after cutting through the joint and cutting the ligaments completely through and so many other hand injuries which were mostly lacerations.
Just don't want to see you hurt :salute:

And yes, I need to practice what I preach also. Especially all things welding...Ouch.

Back