The "I can't wait" thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

Hey token, I got the same build week as you although I ordered 12-30. The plant is cranking them out pretty fast now. My last 5 digits of the VIN are in the 42000's. Does anyone out there know how many ex's are being built a day now?

I was just checking a couple dealer websites and saw a window sticker for one in the 31000's and another in the 35000's showing due to come off the line in the first week in March. They really are cranking them out now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My EX has been built and is awaiting shipping. ETA to delaer is 3/7, as originally scheduled. :D Gold Leaf XLT, 202A, dual moonroof, trailer tow, pwr liftgate orderd on 1/14.

Yeah me too, It's built just waiting out shipping and delivery

Just got VIN today (40,718) with roll-off date of 3/14.

what was your order date?

Ordered on 2/9 :salute:

I actually was surprised to get a build date already since the dealer told me last week they had a few orders ahead of mine that needed to be allocated.

Just got VIN today (40,718) with roll-off date of 3/14.

I have the same build date with VIN 42678, Must be building at least 1960 ex's that week. (ordered 12-30)

thanks, I ordered on the 12th so there's hope for mine. Using your dates, mine might be built 3-17??? Never my luck!

OMG why won't my explorer get here already.. I'm starting to think like these guys..

OMG why won't my explorer get here already.. I'm starting to think like these guys..

It didn't make the wait easier, but I got a kick out of it!

Mine is twelve days old, I wanna drive it now!

Sigh here too! I sold my car and have been driving my in-laws spare vehicle until mine arrives! Can't wait to have my own again! Anxiously awaiting - white Limited, sunroof, gray leather, liftgate..... all the stuff I've dreamed of. Please oh please Explorer hurry.....

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but am also anxiosly awaiting my Explorer XLT, this is my first new vehicle and the wait is driving me crazy... I had some things added that the XLT didn't have like the power lift gate and navigation.. I ordered on 2/11/11 and was told 12 weeks. I haven't bothered my dealer yet and am thinking I should after reading all your posts. Any thoughts????

Called salesman today and got a build date of March 28th ....... So excited!!!!

xplo,
I haven't had the problems mentioned in other posts and I still check in with my dealer occasionally. I have nothing to complain about with my salesman, but he doesn't call me to give me the info. So I call him occasionally to remind him that I want to know the minute my vehicle arrives. In doing this, I was able to get my VIN number and then check the window sticker online to ensure all was on the vehicle as expected. This is the first time I have ordered a vehicle also, and I was a little worried it would show up after a long wait without something I had added on. Silly I know.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but am also anxiosly awaiting my Explorer XLT, this is my first new vehicle and the wait is driving me crazy... I had some things added that the XLT didn't have like the power lift gate and navigation.. I ordered on 2/11/11 and was told 12 weeks. I haven't bothered my dealer yet and am thinking I should after reading all your posts. Any thoughts????

Probably too early to bug. Soon :)

Anyone been receiving Feb builds?

Look at the number that is at the end of the string below the bar code (i.e. 01 31 11). That's the week it is "Scheduled" to be "Sent To Plant" and built. It can be any day that week that it actually built. No matter what, it means it is on it's way! :thumbsup:

What is interesting is that my sticker says 120110242653 at the bottom and BB182 N RB 2X 150 000097 02 18 11 under the barcode, and it has not arrived at my dealer as of 3/10.

They have one on the lot with 1201103116936 at the bottom and BC073 N RB @X 150 000128 03 07 11 under the barcode.

Mine was built on 2-7-11 and then delayed shipping from the blizzard and then the stop shippment. I'm told it is shipping sometime this week and will hopefully be here this week....of course, tomorrow is Friday so...

What is interesting is that my sticker says 120110242653 at the bottom and BB182 N RB 2X 150 000097 02 18 11 under the barcode, and it has not arrived at my dealer as of 3/10.
120110242653 ? Are you sure you are not missing a number. If I read that correctly it says Feb. 42, 2011.

Mine was built Feb. 24 and is on its way to the dealership today after sitting in Toronto since Tuesday. Should arrive late today or sometime tomorrow. I made an appointment to pick it up Monday morning.:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

120110242653 ? Are you sure you are not missing a number. If I read that correctly it says Feb. 42, 2011.

No wonder it's not there, it'll never get built if they wait until the 42nd of Feb! :p:

They have one on the lot with 1201103116936 at the bottom and BC073 N RB @X 150 000128 03 07 11 under the barcode.

Maybe I should put in a new order and see which one gets here first :D

Back