This is why i wont own a jeep.

1992explorerMi

Reaction score
City, State
Livingston County Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer Sport
Why are jeep guys like this..
So my buddie post a pick of a jeep he bought i post on his post about my explorer and then one of his buddies who i have never met replies with this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-03-00-35-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-03-00-35-22.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 460
  • Screenshot_2016-03-03-00-35-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-03-00-35-31.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 456

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If heeps are so great, why are the heep guys always at the Pull-a-part looking for ford parts to makes them better? If I had to use a heep axle to make my explorer better, I would see that as a problem! I always smile and nod, knowing that I'll probably be getting called to pull them out when they get stuck again! :p

He should know. He sounds like he's menstruating from the tone of his other post.

Most people who are into cars find one brand they're super loyal to, and like to talk badly on other brands. REAL car guys can love and appreciate all brands and builds.

All i said back to him was i appreciate all off road vehicals and guts like you are y i wouldn't own a jeep. Know anyone that wants a 8.8 rear end.

He's obviously in a bad mood and doesn't really know anything about wheeling. Just post a pic of your x flexing lol

All i said back to him was i appreciate all off road vehicals and guts like you are y i wouldn't own a jeep. Know anyone that wants a 8.8 rear end.

I think that's a fair enough answer. Like I said, people need to appreciate all brands and builds - everyone has their own taste and what they like and people need to learn that.

Most people who are into cars find one brand they're super loyal to, and like to talk badly on other brands. REAL car guys can love and appreciate all brands and builds.

What he said.

Though I find the worst are truck guys. Worse than religious fanatics some of them.

Personally I like Jeeps. Link suspension, short wheelbase and decent ground clearance right from stock. Even can have factory lockers.

Frankly Ford doesn't have anything in its current lineup that comes close. One might suggest the Raptor but that's a significant cost increase.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Explorer. I've put a ton of blood, sweat and tears (and money) into it and probably won't give it up until I'm forced to. but I doubt I would ever buy a Jeep. Too common and too easy. I love the fact that I've got a unique vehicle out on the trails

Ever here this one?

"You take that off-road?"

My reply: "No, I just run mud terrains cuz I'm dumb"

I own a jeep in the fleet of fords I have. I like the inline 6, 18 years trouble free is pretty good for any vehicle. It does have a ford part on it though, a fan hub off a 98 ranger 4.0 with a chevy S10 11 blade fan. The E fan on a 120 degree day couldn't cool enough sitting in traffic. I don't blame you for not wanting to own a jeep, I feel the same way looking at an import that has been riced out.

walk away from the troll,,,

just have your explorer, do what you do, don't let it bug you,, he's jealous cause he bought a Dodge,,

Reply #1 says it all. A jeep is great BUT, you need an engine swap, tranny swap, front and rear axle swap, all kinds of reinforcement, roll bar, etc. Explorer, all you have to do is lift it. Very few do, but the fact of the matter is explorers are built for tough trails with nothing but a lift and big tires (lockers help too). Many jeeps are unibody, and while fine stock, once modified they are weak. Explorers have beefy frames. Side note, everyone keeps telling me how tough K5 blazers are. The explorer frame is as big, and thicker than my 84 k5 blazer frame is.
Axles, no comparison. There are many axles jeeps can come with but dana 35 rear 30 front is common from what I see. The dana 35 is an ok front axle, but jeeps use them in the rear. I would swap them out right away. The explorer comes with beefy 31 spline 8.8 rear and dana 35 TTB front. While some have issues with the TTB front, I hear people on here run tires as big as 38's without breaking things.
Engines, in this case similar. AMC has some tough motors. I'm going to have to say the jeep 4.0 is better than the ford 4.0. Not by much, but they make similar power, get better gas mileage, and are known to handle a lot of abuse. Some other jeep motors are less reliable, but I was never a fan of ford engines either. Just to throw it out there, the only ford motors I have ever liked are the 4.0 and 4.9.
Transmissions, I don't know enough to say much. The A4LD is nothing to brag about. I had great luck with mine, and I am having great luck with my current M5OD. Jeep now has a 6 speed manual that is supposed to be pretty good, just saying. Its not that hard to adapt a small block transmission (ford or chevy) and they hold up well.
Stock I don't care what anyone say, off road they are equals. The Cherokee is very simiar to the explorer, the wrangler is just a bit shorter. Towing, not even diehard jeep fans would argue. Explorers can tow 5000 pounds or more. I've towed full size trucks with mine (although slowly for safety, and not that far) No jeep is either stable enough or tough enough for any real towing. A 1000 pound boat is nothing, I've seen Honda cars do that.

Another thing about the Creep / Heep whatever you call it.... is the axle shafts are good for up to 35's (I think), then you have to beef it up.

To me wheeling a Creep heep is like hanging out with the import rice crowd. They have their cult following, and think their **** doesn't stink.

I love the 1st and 2nd generation Explorers, after that not so much. Very reliable, and take a beating. I am only going through my 93 right now because the slave cylinder quit me, and so it is turning into a build of sorts.

Hahahahaha lololololololololol come on get a sense of humor that was funny!:D

I own a jeep grand cherokee just got done putting a new motor in it and It runs like a scalded dog. The only thing I have bad to say is it was pita to work on and the wiring is crap compared to my first gen ex's. And yes I still have my 94 ex building it into a beast looking to drop a 5.0 in it to give the jeep a run for its money.

I own a jeep grand cherokee just got done putting a new motor in it and It runs like a scalded dog. The only thing I have bad to say is it was pita to work on and the wiring is crap compared to my first gen ex's. And yes I still have my 94 ex building it into a beast looking to drop a 5.0 in it to give the jeep a run for its money.

What year jeep and what motor?

just have your explorer, do what you do, don't let it bug you,, he's jealous cause he bought a Dodge,,

You got it right! Who gives a flip what others think. You like your rig, enjoy it and let others be what ever they choose. "Variety is the spice of life'" as they say...

I just know that i made it up my mountain in 10 in of fresh power with a bone stock ex except the warn lockers in 4low 1s gear 3krpm with almost no wheel spin at all at 4am to get home after a super long day. My neighbor has a wrangler with better tires and he spun out on the 1st turn and had to leave it there. Not sure why, but I suspect technique had a lot to do with it. I'm still proud tho!
I think cherokees are a bit comparable to a gen1, Pure off-roading I think the wrangler has an advantage in ground clearance and suspension travel for sure but I think visibility is a great factor speaking for the Jeep wrangler. It is much easier to look where you are placing your wheels in the Jeep while I feel more disconnected in the ex.
But how often do you really need that? I live surrounded by Nat forest and when i need 4x4, it is mostly either snow or an FS road that is moderately civilized. I'd choose an ex in my case and take the comfort I get in the increased versatility. road trip in the ex are nicer than a silly wrangler. I loaded up a 400# wood stove and strapped it in the cargo area, confident it would stay in all but the worst crashes and it rode like a dream... can't do that in a wrangler! :p

Lets remember that ford means driver returns on foot lolol. jk I love my exploder...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driving in Colorado for the last 23+ yrs, I've had lots of different vehicles and drove em all in the snow. When it comes to the 4x4's I've had, my 2000 Wrangler was THE WORST thing I have ever driven in the snow. You have to creep your way around everywhere. That short wheelbase, while being nice on the trail, is horrible in slick conditions. That thing would spin out and put you in a ditch before you even know you had lost traction. It's all about wheelbase in the snow, therefore it's no surprise that the best truck I ever had in the snow was a 91 F-250 supercab long bed. I wheel with jeeps all the time in both my Ex's and have put a few jaws on the floor.

I'd say this guy 1) has some insecurities with his sexuality 2) Is still a virgin 3) Has so little confidence and self-esteem in himself that he must follow the herd and drive a jeep like everyone else so he has other tunnel visioned morons to back him up
3) Probably has to pull out the owners manual for a quick refresher course on how to put his jeep in 4wheel drive and lastly, (you were correct) he drives a JEEP which somehow changes the chemistry in a person's mind and makes them..........shall we say, a little short on personality and a little tall on ego?

You got a badass truck here and obviously he has no clue that you do or he wouldn't have said anything, but if he does it again, just tell him "follow me".

Back