Thomas Knight supercharger adapters | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thomas Knight supercharger adapters

Brian_B said:
I have the factory LS already with 4.10 gears. My X is completely stock as I just bought it in January. I am seriously thinking about this. I will start adding to my X fund now. My house should be paid off with the next payment. :) :thumbsup:

Just a few more questions at the moment.

Does it force air into the engine at all times or can you turn it off?

I know its a dumb question (Its mine), but I am not the only one who drives this and I don't want someone else wrecking it.

What did it do to your normal fuel mileage?

Lowered it I know, but how bad?

Anything else you can think of to add would be appreciated.
Thanks again,

Brian_B

The blower has a bypass valve on it, so when your not hard on the throttle, it will stay in vacuum. So, you can accelarate to any speed with out even putting motor into boost. And then when you hammer on it, the bypass turns off, and away you go!

With the blower i get 19MPG on the highway.... Around town, about 3 because im constantly burning out and racing around. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So.. did anybody try this yet? I want a supercharged X but think I may just wait until a used one's for sale. Without any testimonials about this product I'm real leary.

How handy are you at some fabricating ?

Someone needs to make a flippin OHV supercharger. There were kits on ebay to install an Xterra supercharger a long time ago but I can't find them anymore (it had pix and wasn't the bilge blower type)

Those kits were from this guy.

The 'kit' from Thomas Knight still needs to be welded together, and is still nowhere near complete. If you dont know how to fabricate you would be better off getting a used BBK or Vortech for the OHV or the EE charger for the SOHC. And if you do know how to fabricate you could make the Thomas Knight kit for half the price they charge, and put an M90 on while you're at it.

Back