• Register Today It's free!

Thunderbird Carb question

ZBlackBeast

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer/SHO
What carb should i get my father for Christmas. Its a 72 bird with a 429. The one he has now sucks and i want to get him a nice gift this year. And since he loves that bird, why not get him a nice polished aftermarket Carb. Thanks guys. i dont know a whole lot about carbs and how they work, so idk which applicaton will fit it directly and correctly. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a new carb like you want for a big engine like that is maybe around 400-600$ but check it with Edelbrock

Edelbrock is a great choice for a street carb, the parts are a bit $$--
it's a quadrajet design-enhanced. I like them.Many kits-parts are available to tune them up just right.
They don't have good track consistency though. For what you want to spend, this is what i would buy.
For better performance, well, Barry Grant is a good brand. But $$$ oh man-plan on 800-900 bux for a good one, by the time you set it up.

wow, i didnt realize a single carb would be that pricy. I was also recomended a holley 4160?

Hey man ive found something for you. Performance automotive Warehouse is in California and they have ass kicking prices. PERFORMER carb as low as 200$ and Carter carbs 625cfm Emission calibrated/electric choke as low as 235$. Chrome air cleaner 14 inches 18$ Edelbrock performaer manifold for fuel economy and street performance as low as 105$ ...you see...you could buy more than just one carb for 400$
Heres the phone number... (818)678-3000

Back