Tire rotation, jack points, lug nut torque spec and TPMS reset | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire rotation, jack points, lug nut torque spec and TPMS reset

I rotated my tires a few months ago and had to re-set the system to recognize where the tires were after rotation. I did not use a TPMS tool, just followed a setup routine and lowered the pressure in each tire as the car learned the new location from that. Here is that discussion on how I reset them, pretty simple after you figure it out (like everything). My Ford Explorer is a '16 XLT and each tire pressure is displayed on the screen by location, so if you switch them around you need to tell the system where the tire ended up. It did not learn automatically as has been suggested. Here that link...
go down the page a bit for my post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...g-tool-for-2016-explorer.452355/#post-3572438

Interesting. I wonder if it's one of two things that are possibly different between our vehicles:

1) I have SYNC 3 versus MFT. Perhaps it's something they've 'updated' in SYNC 3?

2) Probably less chance of affecting it, but I have push button start. When I was looking at some of the 'reprogramming' while searching for my answer the reprogramming required a switched ignition (ie keyed) versus push button.

Back