Tire & wheel questions.

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
To begin, hello, I'm new.

I've had my Limited V6 for about 1 year now, and I'm looking to get some new wheels and tires (and possibly even trade my sport trac in for a used 08' 4x4 V8). If I stick with my 4x2, I'm planning on buying a winch and front hitch reciever. Either way, I'm hoping to buy some KMC XDs, on-off road tires and a lift kit. I'm thinking that Roadbully's 2.5" lift would be the best option, but I'm just wondering how much it is going to cost. Would someone be able to tell me?

Beyond that, I'm kind of hitting a dead end. I thought I had it all planned out until I noticed that none of the tires I'm looking at have 9" rim width and aren't 33"s (I don't want to shave any plastic off).
I'd prefer blackwalled 31.8-32.7" Goodyear Duratracs or BFG All terrain TA/KOs (I just kind of made up the dimensions, basically I'd like as big as possible with the 2.5" lift kit without having to worry about any rubbing going on, and I have been know to take turns a little fast on occassion), so if anyone knows any of those that will work any 17"-20" XD Enduro, Rockstar or Monsters, please let me know.

Thanks.

EDIT: Do 20x8.5 Rockstars with 10mm+ offset and 285-55-R20 (32.5") BGF All terrain TA KOs sound good? I would kind of prefer 18"s (can't say why, 20"s just sound too "ghetto" and stuff for someone such as myself); however, the only BFGs that would work with 18x9s are 32.8". Is that too big? The other thing I'm not too keen on is that tirerack.com says the BFGs I'm looking at for the 20x8.5s have a 9" Measured Rim width, but it says the Rim width range is 8-10". So, will the BFGs be sagging a bit over the rims or will they just be inflated differently so that BFGs will fit the rims?
If I got 18x9 wheels, then I'd have to get 265-65-18 (31.7") BFGs. I guess that would be ok, I just don't want too much empty space in the wheel well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Road Bully is the only lift option as far as I know.
Frankly I don't know where you'd mount a winch or front receiver unless you do a lot of cutting on the front grille and bumper.
32" will probably be the biggest tire you can fit without rubbing.

Truxxx also makes a lift kit, but it only lifts the vehicle about 1.5" overall.

I have the KMC XD series HOSS in the "ghetto" size of 20x9" with 31.5" tall tires. (275/55/20) If you want a true 33" in a 20 the size would be 275/60/20 or 305/55/20. But you would need a lift for that size to fit.

So far as 18" I think the size would be 285/65/20 for 33", that is the only size I know for 18... I mainly looked up 20" because that is the size I wanted.

And I have a 2.5" front and rear Roadbully lift kit for sale... $200 shipped. Will cost $250 PLUS shipping directly from Roadbully with about a 2 month wait.

my ebay auction:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/jturner6972

Here is mine with the 20" hoss... I don't think they look ghetto, now chrome 24's...YES!
June09vacation090.jpg

I installed the front receiver, took a hour easy install.
Curt receiver
Rated for 9000lb pulls.

Wow, 20"s don't look bad at all. Another slight problem is that most websites say that none of the XDs will fit Sport Trac (when using the "find wheels by vehicle option"); however, you have the Hoss on your Sport Trac fine.
Also, I'd love to get the lift from you now for less, but I'm not 100% sure on all my decision making yet, so sorry. I'm kind of debating buying a dirt bike instead of modding my Sport Trac, quite the decision.
I might send you a PM in about mid-August wondering if you still have the lift laying around.

Back