• Register Today It's free!

Tires Cupping/Wearing on the Insides...... ??

......on my 98 4X2 EX.

I know it will need realigned, but what parameters would be out that would make the tires wear faster on the Inside leading edge of the tires ??

cupping tires is fords problem

Ford has a front end problem from the factory, though they say the settings are within limits of Ford specifications, it causes the goodyear AT tires to cup from day one! They know there is a problem with it. There is a TSB put out in May 2005 about the sporttrac tires and they should replace them... but not our Ford dealer in Pensacola! We took the truck in to be looked at in November, a 3rd time, and they said they checked for a TSB, but there wasnt one. I was so dissatisfied with them but.... a small town dealership in NC really helped me out because they knew I had been done wrong by that dealership. They could not pulll up any history on the oaisis about my tires, though I had been complaining and complaining about them. She checked the TSB and found it had been out since May 05. I Had the tires described in the TSB and agreed to give me 4 new tires. When I pulled up to pick up my wife with the new tires, we drove 100 yards down the road and she started crying because the stress of hearing those loud, headache producing, noisy tires was gone. She was so relieved. We are still skeptical though, looking for signs of cupping out of habit. Well are very relieved, but still very upset we spent almost $30k and were treated by the big dealer like we were stupid. They told us it was our fault too, not rotating and balancing even when we showed them the paperwork. It was always our fault. I do not accept it and neither should any of you! Write and call Dearborne Michigan and give em hell!

:thumbdwn:

Back