• Register Today It's free!

Tonneau Cover Snap Button Tool

ftallian

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington Hills, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger
This post is for truck owners who have snap button tonneau covers installed over their bed. Changes in temperature and aging of the material make the fastening of the rear corner and tailgate buttons difficult on some installations. I have come up with a simple solution to this problem. Making the simple tool I designed, along with a 6” quick grip clamp, this procedure is much easier. I have designed a Blog (web page) that covers the details a of the solution and would be eager to hear your comment and opinions.
Please visit the following site if you are interested.

This post is for owners of trucks with difficult to fasten rear tonneau covers. Check my blog for a solution to this problem, It works for me.

http://quickgripclampuses.blogspot.com/

Fritz Tallian
ftallian@mi.rr.com

Fritz Tallian

ftallian@mi.rr.com

This post is for truck owners who have snap button tonneau covers installed over their bed. Changes in temperature and aging of the material make the fastening of the rear corner and tailgate buttons difficult on some installations. I have come up with a simple solution to this problem. Making the simple tool I designed, along with a 6” quick grip clamp, this procedure is much easier. I have designed a Blog (web page) that covers the details a of the solution and would be eager to hear your comment and opinions.
Please visit the following site if you are interested.

http://tonneaucovertool.blogspot.com/

Fritz Tallian

ftallian@mi.rr.com

That's pretty clever. Rather than hand drill and cut though, I can make those from a dwg, dxf or any vector file on the cnc laser in about 3 minutes. My Xtang has been made to accommodate summer and winter positioning of the buttons, but it's a lot easier to leave it set for summer all year but then gets tight in winter. Most of the time I use the lift feature rather than the buttons, though.

Back