• Register Today It's free!

Tornado Fuelsaver

daprez1963

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4dr 4WD 4.0 V6 FFV
I was wondering if anyone has this installed on their truck. Someone I know has it and says they get an extra 2 MPG on trips (trip is the same way with no lights on highway and using cruise control...this way he can get a true reading) which if you are getting average 15-20, is a big enough increase to buy. With a 22.5 gallon tank that would be 45 extra miles per tank or 3 extra gallons and at 2.20 would be a saving of 6-7 dollars. the saver would pay off for itself in around 10 fillups....but after a while would be lots more.

:thumbsup: or :thumbdwn: ?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never tested this device for fuel economy' and have my doubts that it will do anything.

However, we did test it on my '99 SOHC on the dyno and found no power gains as the manufacturer claims.

Attachments

• C&L-tornado.jpg
    C&L-tornado.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 667

You can bet if you are thinking about any gimmik or miracle device for your truck it has been discussed, in length on this forum.

If you want the opinions about the Tornado you don't have to search much! But try using the Search button :)

If it sounds too good to be true.......guess what

Manufacturers are under so much pressure to increase fuel mileage that if they could inprove the mileage by putting 50¢ worth of fins in the air intake, they would have already done it.

That's just my opinion.

grumpy said:
Manufacturers are under so much pressure to increase fuel mileage that if they could inprove the mileage by putting 50¢ worth of fins in the air intake, they would have already done it.

Good point! :thumbsup:

Product Review: :thumbdwn:

tornado, turbonator or the something else I found the Vortex Valve, all seem to be a waste of money. Don't see how you are going to gain 35hp from a piece on metal you stick in your intake tube.

let this thread die, there are about 40 tornado threads already taking up bandwidth

I am not a mechanic so I dont know much about it. But does increase HP mean better gas mileage? I thought the priniciple was to run the engine more effective with less gas. But like I said, I dont claim to know anything about this subject, am just asking for everyone's opinion. I can see so far it is a thumbs down so far......

410Fortune said:
let this thread die, there are about 40 tornado threads already taking up bandwidth

I just did a search to see and this one was the only one that came up (I search the entire forum and not just the stock 2002+)

where are these 40 threads located?

410Fortune...
Thanks for the Popular Mech article...it answered all the questiuons I needed. BTW, I can see why I didn't find the threads you mentioned before. I entered Tornado FuelSaver in search and came up with only one. The ones you mentioned were of other devices and had nothing to do with TF. But you did come thru in the end with PM.....and here I thought I was doing something wrong in my search....lol

aldive

aldive said:
I have never tested this device for fuel economy' and have my doubts that it will do anything.

However, we did test it on my '99 SOHC on the dyno and found no power gains as the manufacturer claims.

I just read your thread on how you get 30 mpg.....and here I thought you had some real proof.....lol The PM news are more convincing. Yours has me wondering what in gods name have you been smoking? I would be thrilled to death to get 25 mpg on highway, but 30? come on, pass the pipe around....lol :rolleyes:

Ummm actually the last 3 threads I believe are discussing the TFS :)

You gotta try all sorts of key words when you search
I search for gimmick, and fuel saver, and tornado, etc.

I also posted the electric supercharger srticles to give you an idea of what we were getting into here. There are alot of too good to be true devices out there, and honeslty I wish I would have invented half of them because they sell like CRAZY!! even though most of them do more harm then good.

Tornado

There have been many tests on this device, and as of yet seen any real gains on a car, truck etc. Having said that, when the tornado first came out I bought one, tried it on my mustang and ranger to no avial so it sat for a while on my bench untill I found it fit the intake of my crotch rocket, Ch@#st the power increase was fantastic, well I told several of my bike buddys and it fell on it's face when they tried it. I'm still using on my bike but who really knows.

There have been many tests on this device, and as of yet seen any real gains on a car, truck etc. Having said that, when the tornado first came out I bought one, tried it on my mustang and ranger to no avial so it sat for a while on my bench untill I found it fit the intake of my crotch rocket, Ch@#st the power increase was fantastic, well I told several of my bike buddys and it fell on it's face when they tried it. I'm still using on my bike but who really knows.

Well at least its not a paper wieght!

The science of fluid dynamics in an intake runner does not support the claims. If it did the manufacturer would have reliable and repeatable engine dyno data to support consumer case studies.:thumbdwn:

Make one out of a can and see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom