torsion twist and sway bar endlinks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

torsion twist and sway bar endlinks

jwrezz

Elite Snow Shoveler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parsippany, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
OK, I know i shouldn't have done the torsion twist w/ out lifting the rear at all, but I did to see what It'd look like and left it like that. Any way... After a few months I noticed a long slow bounce after I'd hit a bump. After a while of ignoring/dealing w/ it, I inspected and found my drivers side sway bar endlink was broken and missing the bottom nut and bottom bushings. It was a pretty weak looking piece and rusted up a bit and I always wanted to upgrade to a solid bar for improved handling on road so I reaplaced the bar and links w/ an Addco bar. Well the bounce came back last week and I looked at my driver's side end link and low and behold, the bushing on top of the lower control arm was pretty much gone and the very bottom one on it's way out. Now I may have over tightened it (probably), but I was thninking that w/ the torsion twist lift that I may need longer end links. What do ya'll think? Any way I shoved a stock bushing in there for now, but am gonna get a set of polyurethane bushings but don't want them to go the way of my other two. BTW any one know of a good set of poly busings at a good price for my sway bar? Thanx mucho,

I to cranked up the tord=sion bars and after about 6 months or so I saw a bolt fall out from my truck while driving. It was the passengers side that broke. I went to I got a new piece and it seem to be fine.

Back