King of the Hammers Feb 12 2010 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

King of the Hammers Feb 12 2010

Did any of you guys remember to take your cameras? :dunno:
Zucman put that cool link to see, but how about some pics like, This is me passed out on the dessert floor, or better yet, this is me next to this skimmpy clad hootie, It just gives it a personal touch.

I really need to build one of those KOH things.
Many moons ago we used to take VW chassis and make something similar. We used to take them to the gravel pits and run the snot out of them. It was amazing how they would climb the sides of the pit with only the rear wheel drive...given enough speed, that is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll post up the pics I got after I go through them but there's tons of pics over on Pirate.

Brian, good seeing you again and congrats to your friend. So awesome to go from LCQ to being the King of the Hammers!

Good times. Nice to see you again Brian. We watched the start line first. then we ended up at the start of Sunbonnet. We watched maybe 25-30 cars cone through. Then we headed to Jackhammer. Watched maybe 5 cars come down the waterfall on jackhammer. then we hiked into the plaque line at sledge. While the action was crazy there were way to many people. Next year I think I will skip Sledge and watch from somewhere else. We had a good time out there. I need better shocks and springs so I can go faster in the open desert.

Next year I think I will skip Sledge and watch from somewhere else.

Spooner and Elvis were nice watching points. Not too much action though and no bottlenecks.

Did any of you guys remember to take your cameras? :dunno:
Zucman put that cool link to see, but how about some pics like, This is me passed out on the dessert floor, or better yet, this is me next to this skimmpy clad hootie,

How about this is me prerunning the desert part of the course with RobMac and if you dont know who that is click here :D

Attachments

• m_IMG_3452.jpg
    m_IMG_3452.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 630
  • m_IMG_7748.jpg
    m_IMG_7748.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 737

I really need to build one of those KOH things.

Get to building and go for the RCQ (Rausch Creek qualifier). You qualify there and your in the big race. Even if you don't qualify there you can always come out to the Hammers and try for the LCQ (last chance qualifier):D

It was a crazy scene out there but it was fun. There were a few people out there selling girl scout cookies and they were cleaning up. One thing I wish I had was one of those bleacher cushions, them rocks aint too comfy after awhile.

Well got my pics uploaded, i'll post a few good one's but the rest can be found here:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/7534/72587

Panorama from Jackhammer trail
koh_jack_panorama.jpg

At the starting line
dscn0280.jpg

Sunbonnet trail
dscn0291.jpg

KOH winner on Sunbonnet...last years KOH winner Jason Scherer was in the lead going through this trail.
dscn0294.jpg

Here's Randy Slawson's old rig, he sold it to an Aussie and is co-driver this year. They later DNF'd
dscn0296.jpg

Casey Currie on Sunbonet...he also DNF'd later in the race.
dscn0310.jpg

Genright buggy...one of my favs
dscn0312.jpg

Looking towards main camp heading to Jack/Sledge
dscn0330.jpg

JR on Jackhammer
dscn0333.jpg

Rick Mooneyham on Jack
dscn0339.jpg

Team Kirby on Jack
dscn0342.jpg

Another car on Jack
dscn0347.jpg

Mayhem at Sledge...Casey Currie rolled but another driver works his way through
dscn0362.jpg

Shannon Campbell joins the party
dscn0370.jpg

This car takes the high line on the plaque rock
dscn0374.jpg

At the finish line
dscn0377.jpg

Sadly my team didn't finish.. Oh well they had a blast from what I heard.. Hopefully next year I'll be able to attend.

I see you took a pic of my buddy's rig..

dscn0253.jpg

Great pics Brian...I take it that guitar is part of the Elvis theme of the trail?

Great pics Brian...I take it that guitar is part of the Elvis theme of the trail?

Yeah, there was even an Elvis look-a-like but he left soon after we got there. One of the competitors actually ran over the guitar a little before we left.

Yeah, there was even an Elvis look-a-like but he left soon after we got there. One of the competitors actually ran over the guitar a little before we left.

I saw a pic of that guy on Pirate...he was wearing a black zip up hoodie, some stick on sideburns and Elvis glasses.

When they posted the video of Loren running at the desert race down in NM a few weeks before KOH, I said to myself, wouldn't it piss a lot of people off if that "cookie cutter" rig won KOH!

I was there. went to Elvis, taped up the guitar, then to chocolate thunder, then to spooner. ifanyone saw a 2door explorer prerunning around, that was probably me

Dave, did you ever see or hear how the guy from canada with the D50 did?

I was there. went to Elvis, taped up the guitar, then to chocolate thunder, then to spooner. ifanyone saw a 2door explorer prerunning around, that was probably me

I saw your Explorer at the top of Spooner but didnt see anyone around. I was riding in Fred's Fun Buggy when we left Spooners and went right by your Explorer

Dave, did you ever see or hear how the guy from canada with the D50 did?

He's gonna run the 2011 KOH, I'm anxious to see how it performs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back