• Register Today It's free!

Tow hooks fit with bull bar?

junior426

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Will tow hooks fit with the bull bar on an 02 Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, I fully understand the functionality of the search feature, however that particular forum seemed to pertain to a grill guard and not a bull bar. Different animals, and Im also a bit rushed so I figured I would toss out a quick thread and would be able to get the information quickly.

Sorry, I fully understand the functionality of the search feature, however that particular forum seemed to pertain to a grill guard and not a bull bar. Different animals, and I'm also a bit rushed so I figured I would toss out a quick thread and would be able to get the information quickly.

No worries man... Didn't mean to make it sound like I was pissed or anything.

Wouldn't a proper bull bar like a TJM or ARB have tow points anyway?

BullBar:
7_5_21.jpg

Or are you calling a nudge bar a bull bar?
Nudge Bar:
7_9_25.jpg

Wouldn't a proper bull bar like a TJM or ARB have tow points anyway?

BullBar:
7_5_21.jpg

Or are you calling a nudge bar a bull bar?
Nudge Bar:
7_9_25.jpg

You aren't used to "Yank" language yet??? Just messin' with you...First pic you posted is a "Bumper" and the second one is a "Bull Bar". I wish we could get those "Bumpers" here or at a decent price if they do have them over here.

EDITED: Does anybody...even from an overseas country make those "Bumpers" for the X? I know I have seen pictures a long time ago on here, but search manufacturer sites and can't seem to find one.

Sorry, seems like a bit of a language difference. I am referring to what your calling a "nudge bar". More specifically one of the westin one's with the stainless lower grille.

Sorry, seems like a bit of a language difference. I am referring to what your calling a "nudge bar". More specifically one of the westin one's with the stainless lower grille.

OK. Then I think you'll have the same mounting issues as others, but nothing a little ingenuity wouldn't overcome.

Helmsa - yes, I get confused by the language, but it's better that I clarify each time. I'll find you a link to the Explorer bull bar (bumper).
Here you go:
BF53SYZ_7.jpg

http://www.ecb.com.au/model/explorer.htm

I suspect freight will be expensive.

JCUZ,

Thanks for the link...I really wish that I could have one of those. Only a few things that I would change about it, but I want one...I may end up having to go to a fab shop and have something built in the future. Also, I do understand the :usa: vs :australia language barrier. Years ago I spent 3 months at a time in New Zealand on two separate trips.

Anyways, sorry to get off subject...Junior, search through some of the current posts on the forum as this is a very popular subject right now with winter hitting the country on both ends.

Back