transmission slipping real bad please help!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission slipping real bad please help!!

well just a update i got in my truck cranked it up put it in od and it was pullin pretty good well i put it back in neutral and reved to 3000 and put in od again and it grabbed real good, so much that the tires squealed so idk what to do now the problem seems to come and go
I hope for your A4ld sake youare kiddng. You cannot pretend to dump the clutch on an a4ld, it will eventually shatter.
Why on God's green earth would you wind up to 3-4K RPM before shifting into gear???
You said you weren't familiar with automatics. Here is some good info: Automatics are an automatically shifting transmission, place the selector in D (or O/D) and then apply pressure to accelerator - it will do all the wrk for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How old are you ? Better yet what is your IQ ? This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time !

im just gonna ignore this thread. seems when i read this i wasted my valuable time. hes asking for a new transmission.

keep doing tha to it and hes asking for more troubel than just a new trans.

I have the SAME problem. I just started a new thread on it. Its been driving me crazy for 1 year. I wish I could fix it. It would give me back some power Im losing. After rebuilding the tranny my explorer just doesnt have near the horsepower it use to have for some reason.

im going f-in nuts over it. in reg drive the X pulls hard and shift thru all gears with no power loss. put it in O/D pssh good luck. people look at me like its a stick and i cant find the right gear to save my ass.and other times it pulls just as hard in O/D as D. it just started this past winter when the temp outside got to around 0* F.

NOW FOR THE MAIN POSTER OF THIS THREAD:remember with an automatic trans tho. its an automatic not a manual. you cant just rev it up and drop it in gear like you can droping the clutch in a manual trans. that can cause serius damage to not only the trans but many other part of the drivetrain.

on second thought if you can drive a stick. save yurself the time money and hassel of rebuilding the auto trans and go to the junk yard and get a manual trans for it. trust me ive thought about it more than just a few times.

If you drive like an ass...your tranny's eventually gonna take a dump...

4000 RPM and pizzan "slam" into gear? You're an idiot. You deserve a broken tranny...and it is broken.

X3

I hopes he's joking. If not, I suggest he buys a bicycle because he has no respect for mechanical objects. What a Pizza head

I can tell you your problem right now:

-hi today i was drivin around (givin her hell)

-put in neutral and got to about 4000rpm and slammed into overdrivedrive and it jerked and pizzan barely moved.

-i powerbraked and all to see what would happen and it acted normal and wasent slipping.

-i got in and put it in overdrive and held pizza brake and gas to pizza floor at same time

-and also i noticed when i held pizza brake in od pizzare was a clicking sound coming from under pizza go go wagon so idk if that means anything?

-i put it back in neutral and reved to 3000 and put in od again and it grabbed real good

I understand young and having a heavy foot (I do)

But pizzares a line between heavy foot and just no sense or care for your vehicle whatsoever.

This guy is so far past that point it amazes me, I lauged so hard when reading this, yet felt horrible for his poor explorer.

YOU DO NOT USE AN AUTOMATIC LIKE A MANUAL! YOU DONT DUMP pizza CLUTCH! And when your hearing weird noises, STOP! BECAUSE THAT MEANS SOMETHINGS WRONG/BROKE!

I'm missing the "PIzza" reference all throughout. I see to "JOIN PIZZA ELITE" but still missing it.

If you type (T)(H)(E) ir (T)(H)(E)(M) etc, as an April Fools Day joke it comes up as "Pizza" so just replace Pizza with the above mentioned words LOL

It figures, My fist comment did not contain those words. So I didn't figure it out.

OK, good stuff

pizza **** pissed me off when i first seen it on a couple of my post. didint think i was that f-ed up last nite to type pizza

pizza **** pissed me off when i first seen it on a couple of my post. didint think i was that f-ed up last nite to type pizza

I thought Mr Neutral Dropper, was so toasted that not only does he beat the heck out of his truck but He dropped so much acid that "Pizza" was a new Term in his mind.

haha good one!!

Kids like him are how we end up with junk yard trucks. Let him break it. He cant afford to fix it.

If you want to do burnouts, buy a vehicle that doesnt have an automatic.

Dumbass. :rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbdwn:

yea im thinkin about either gettin a 5 speed or droppin in a carbed 302 with a 4 speed. but i HATE automatics so im not shure if i want to rebuild it. it depends how much $ this costs. i could get a 302 with 4 speed out of one of my mud trucks but well see

not sure if the 302 would be a good idea. you might kill yurself

Heres a good piece of advice: get yourself a daily driver that you treat with the utmost care and respect. Then you can beat the heck out of the current explorer you have and still be able to have something to drive when you innevitably grenade something major on it.

although cars and trucks can feel like a person at times, theyre just peices of metal engineered to drive down the road. its not as if you can just "make up" for abuse by driving it nice some of the time.

i dont need a good daily driver cause i live in a real small town and no one really has reliable transportation around here so.. but i know im not supposed to drive a auto like a standard im not complainin im just tryin to find out how to fix it. i know the stuff i do to it is wrong i just do it anyway. but im seriously thinking about either 302/4speed or 5 speed

and for METTLER how are you so shure i cant afford to fix it?

129092786498235257.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do i have the sudden urge to beat my head against a wall after reading this thread?

Back