trying to remove starter on a 1995 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trying to remove starter on a 1995 Explorer

angmedina

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me. I have a 95 Explorer which can be a 2wd or a 4wd. I always leave it on 2wd. Well, my dad is trying to remove the starter so he can go buy a new one, and he is having a horrible time trying to get it off. He said the starter is loose, but there is something blocking the way of it actually coming out. Does anyone know how to remove the starter from a 1995 Ford Exlporer??

I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me. I have a 95 Explorer which can be a 2wd or a 4wd. I always leave it on 2wd. Well, my dad is trying to remove the starter so he can go buy a new one, and he is having a horrible time trying to get it off. He said the starter is loose, but there is something blocking the way of it actually coming out. Does anyone know how to remove the starter from a 1995 Ford Exlporer??

You need to spin the starter around a bit. It is a tight squeeze but it can be done

Back