Update!!!New rim pics!!!

Limited02

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Sorry for the long wait. First off, the Ex NEEDS a REALLY good detail. I finally got the new wheels and tires installed for good:) The ride is more "sporty" I would say. I weighted the old wheels and tires in at 64.4 pounds and the new wheels and tires weighted in at 58.8 pounds. So I lost some weight:D I also noticed that more people were looking at me when I drove by. Hope that's a good thing? Old wheels and tires are for sale if anyone wants them. I am taking them into Firestone next week because I have only had them for about 6 months and I noticed the sidewalls on 3 of them are cracked! So if things work out like they better, I will have have 3 brand new tires and one with less than 3,000 miles for sale. Anyway, on to the pictures and hope you like:) Also, I have over 10hrs of sanding on these rims:( My arms and back hate me:)

BEFORE:
101_1353.jpg

101_1355.jpg

AFTER:
101_1356.jpg

101_1347.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice........................ :biggthump

:eek: You ditched the destinations?? *******!:D

Looks great!:thumbsup:

really like the new rims. How much you looking to get for the old ones?

You sanded the new rims? What was their original finish?

I hope they are polished aluminum!!! They were pretty corroded and had white spots from neglect and brake dust. Tried to clean them and polish, but no luck. So I sanded them down using 600, 800, 1500, 2000 grit. I wiped them down with Never Dull and they look kinda dull:) The more I wipe them with a microfiber towl, the more "shine" comes out. I just need to keep at them and learn how to properly polish them for the best look. Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

nice job

they sell polishing compunds they are like hard compound blocks. look around on line i used a round polishing pad on my cordless drill for them. the blocks are hard compounds and work really well. thats what i use on the lip on my bike. its a step process but well worth it. it brought my wheels to a mirror finish. i forget the name of it but maybe someone can chime in

I'm confused. Were the Boss Motorsports rims the old rims, or the Chrome OEM style rims?

THe OEM rims were the old ones. Remember, he's got them for sale and he mentioned firestones.

Those rims are nice! 10 hours of sanding on rims sounds like something I would do but it was a job well done. IF you sand for another 10 hours you may loose .005 lbs and that could put you in the 14's? ;)

THe OEM rims were the old ones. Remember, he's got them for sale and he mentioned firestones.

Those rims are nice! 10 hours of sanding on rims sounds like something I would do but it was a job well done. IF you sand for another 10 hours you may loose .005 lbs and that could put you in the 14's? ;)

^LOL, guess it would be worth a shot?

Drew-The first set of pics are the old, second are the after.

Mack-I am curious about what you are talking about. I understand what you mean on how to used them though. When you get back or remember the name, post me a link please. I have a mothers powerball that I used with an aluminum polisher compound to bring some more shine out. I didn't take any pics of that yet.

Thanks for the comments again guys:)

I hope you plan on up grading those tires they look like they belong on a honda civic

I hope you plan on up grading those tires they look like they belong on a honda civic

Really??? Doesnt look like that to me!

NICE RIMS LIMITED:thumbsup:

(I envy your ex, looks great man!!!)

You mean tread pattern or size? They actually hook pretty good and have a decent treadwear. Size is perfect because they are a touch taller than stock but much wider. The ex now corners very nicely with less body roll than before. I really need to get it lowered a little bit, but I really like how it sits for now.

Thanks xplorerguru, keep at it and someday I will envy yours:)

I think some nerf bars or running boards would make the truck appear lower. Nice truck for sure. :thumbsup:
Those tires would look silly on a civic. Keep em.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know... It should be dropped an inch or two. The wheel wells do make the tires look small. Clear corners, dump the lower valance and side frame guards, grille change, and boom, big difference! It's coming along nicely!

Back