UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

Done waiting and have moved on

My order was placed 11/18/2013, so I've been waiting for over 3 months. Been driving a rental for 2 months now since I sold my other car a few weeks after placing the order in anticipation.

Since there still isn't any ETA, and renewing a rental one week at a time gets pretty expensive and sucky, I finally got done waiting and picked up a 2014 Acura MDX yesterday.

Thanks for the adventure Ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My order was placed 11/18/2013, so I've been waiting for over 3 months. Been driving a rental for 2 months now since I sold my other car a few weeks after placing the order in anticipation.

Since there still isn't any ETA, and renewing a rental one week at a time gets pretty expensive and sucky, I finally got done waiting and picked up a 2014 Acura MDX yesterday.

Thanks for the adventure Ford.

That's too bad, but I do have to ask, why did you sell your other car so soon after putting an order in? Didn't your dealer tell you the estimated time to build the vehicle? If they did, I'm sure they didn't say a couple weeks.

If mine gets to that point(3 months), I'll probably do the same as you though and move on.

Just got word from Crystal.

My Sport finished production on 2/23 and has an estimated delivery of 3/6. That's ten days earlier than my last estimated delivery. Good news!

Good news!

Got word from Crystal yesterday that my ETA was today (originally 2/19), though it was still showing "waiting for shipment" as of yesterday.

Today's not over and I'm only a 3.5 hour drive from Chicago, so it's still *possible* that delivery will happen today. But I'm not holding my breath.

Fingers crossed that I get it by the weekend...

Keep us posted. The wait is killer.

I was just told mine has changed from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit"! So I figure I'll have it in my hands sometime early next week.

Mine did show up at the dealer yesterday morning (Feb 24) and I picked it up last night. Runs great! Hang in there guys, they definitely are shipping them.

Mine did show up at the dealer yesterday morning (Feb 24) and I picked it up last night.

I see your build date, but what's the most recent ETA you were told?

I have no doubt it will be worth the wait, I'm just excited. Thank goodness for this forum and Crystal's weekly updates. It would have been torture to be left in the dark. My dealer means well I'm sure, but he didn't even give me my VIN or look up my window sticker.

I wouldn't say I'm dissatisfied with Ford in this respect, but their customer approval rating would skyrocket if they offered some sort of official order tracking website or something. Hell, I'd pay good money to see photos of my Explorer traveling down the assembly line with ongoing status updates...

Edit: Just got off the phone with my dealer and he says my Explorer left the factory at 7:30 this morning :)

Mine did show up at the dealer yesterday morning (Feb 24) and I picked it up last night. Runs great! Hang in there guys, they definitely are shipping them.
Good news indeed. Now you can update your profile.:)

Peter

Wow, well this was a nice find. I have a sport on order and delivery delayed from Jan 31 until who knows when. My dealer kept saying it is due to the weather. This makes sense now. I am very pissed about the dealer BSing me all this time.

my build date was something like Jan 20th and delivery 10 days later. So I've been waiting for almost 4 weeks... way to go Ford

Relax I waited 16 weeks from order to delivery for my 2014 Sport.

Its worth it when you get in and drive it for the first time.

Wow, well this was a nice find. I have a sport on order and delivery delayed from Jan 31 until who knows when. My dealer kept saying it is due to the weather. This makes sense now. I am very pissed about the dealer BSing me all this time.

my build date was something like Jan 20th and delivery 10 days later. So I've been waiting for almost 4 weeks... way to go Ford
Welcome to the Forum jbrabham.:wavey:
I honestly believe the dealer likely didn't know the real cause since Ford seems to be a very poor communicator, even with its dealers. Either that or the info wasn't passed on to the individual you were dealing with. There have been many posts in various threads where the dealers seemed to have been 'left out of the loop' concerning different issues.

Peter

it is likely the dealer did not know. I don't have a real problem waiting, it was just that the updates were 'any day now' for a while.

I just got an update from Crystal, so i'll be waiting for a little while longer but at least I know it will not be tomorrow for sure...

thanks Crystal.

So, great news; I took delivery of my Sport on Wednesday 2/26 (ordered 1/2, built 2/6, original ETA 2/19).

One week delay from the date Crystal told me, which of course could have varied from the amount of delay others had based on multiple factors that none of us will ever fully know.

Hang in there everybody. Waiting is tough but the end result is so, so sweet :)

Edit: the updated ETA Crystal gave me was 2/25, which ended up being the day it left the factory according to my dealer. It arrived here in the Detroit area the following day, so of course keep in mind that the E in ETA is "estimated."

So, great news; I took delivery of my Sport on Wednesday 2/26 (ordered 1/2, built 2/6, original ETA 2/19).

One week delay from the date Crystal told me, which of course could have varied from the amount of delay others had based on multiple factors that none of us will ever fully know.

Edit: the updated ETA Crystal gave me was 2/25, which ended up being the day it left the factory according to my dealer. It arrived here in the Detroit area the following day, so of course keep in mind that the E in ETA is "estimated."
Congratulations on your new Sport. Hope it is everything you wanted.
Now, once the excitement wears of a little, all you have to do is update your profile.;)
Happy motoring.

Peter

Lucky you. I still don't understand Ford's scheduling logic.

Start Rant: I ordered mine 12/26, built 2/9, and original ETA was 2/26(now it's 3/2). So, riddle me this: How does an order placed a week after mine get built a couple days before and delivered almost a week ahead(while mine was still awaiting transit on 2/26)? Even the original ETA was a week ahead of my original(that's a 2 week delta from order to ETA). I understand that transit time might be slightly less to MI, but were talking hours difference in travel time. Also, it's not like St. Paul, MN is a small town in the middle of nowhere. Sorry for the semi-rant. :End Rant

GBot, what options do you have? Maybe that's a factor? Mine is a Silver Sport, 401A package, 2nd row bucket seats w/ console and tow package.

Lucky you. I still don't understand Ford's scheduling logic.

Start Rant: I ordered mine 12/26, built 2/9, and original ETA was 2/26(now it's 3/2). So, riddle me this: How does an order placed a week after mine get built a couple days before and delivered almost a week ahead(while mine was still awaiting transit on 2/26)? Even the original ETA was a week ahead of my original(that's a 2 week delta from order to ETA). I understand that transit time might be slightly less to MI, but were talking hours difference in travel time. Also, it's not like St. Paul, MN is a small town in the middle of nowhere. Sorry for the semi-rant. :End Rant

GBot, what options do you have? Maybe that's a factor? Mine is a Silver Sport, 401A package, 2nd row bucket seats w/ console and tow package.

Don't feel too bad. We ordered at the beginning of December, build was 01/08, originally ready for shipment 02/04, then put on hold. Not only do I still not have it, but there's not even an updated eta...no info...nada. And we're in MI too!
(Mini-sub-rant)

Tux Black Metallic, 400A, split second row, black/sienna int., no tow pkg.

GBot, what options do you have?

White platinum, otherwise zero optional equipment. I got X-Plan discount, but I doubt that affected much.

Kind of wish I had push button start, but wasn't willing to pay ~$4k for the package that includes it. Will probably add the Remote Access module so I can start it from my smartphone (the parking lot at work is farther than a standard remote will reach), but may think twice if I need to pay extra for the required security module.

We'll probably never know the details of the delay. Perhaps mine didn't require fixing, just extra inspection.

Hang in there, buddy.

JimiJak, Odrapnew,

Agreed that their scheduling makes no sense. I had ordered even before y'all - 11/18. Build date was 1/21 - a good 2 months after the order which defies logic. I know another dude in my neighborhood who ordered first week of December and got his Sport first week of Jan. Go figure.

Knowing that the line is backed up, why wouldn't ford prioritize those orders that have been waiting longer?

Even though I've moved on, still following the status of the truck I had ordered out of curiosity. Still not shipped and still no ETA.

Red, 400A, 2nd row Bucket Seats, Black-Sienna.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Xplan here as well. I'm not as delayed as JimiJak or antan's(or was going to be), but the ordering/priority doesn't make sense as antan stated. Plus, no ETA at all is just ridiculous. I wish I could do that with my job, you know, no communication of when something will be available, or moving some other project ahead for no obvious reason.

EDIT(3/3/14): Vehicle still awaiting shipment.

Back