UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

Got a hold of my dealer today. He says he got an email yesterday afternoon (not sure why the delay) that our XSport has been "released" and is pending "final approval for shipping" whatever that means. Lol
No ETA given.

...maybe getting closer? **knock on wood**

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a hold of my dealer today. He says he got an email yesterday afternoon (not sure why the delay) that our XSport has been "released" and is pending "final approval for shipping" whatever that means. Lol
No ETA given.

...maybe getting closer? **knock on wood**

Definitely, "released" from what I've been told means the plant has deemed it completely ready and turned it over to the shipping company. You should get it soon now!

Got my Sport yesterday. Black w/ black/sienna and 401A.

Ordered Dec 9, build date Jan 21 and estimated delivery Jan 31. Update from Crystal - March 4 and lo and behold, it was March 4th. Thanks Crystal.

I like it a lot...

Ordered Dec 9, build date Jan 21 and estimated delivery Jan 31. Update from Crystal - March 4 and lo and behold, it was March 4th. Thanks Crystal.

I like it a lot...
Congratulations on your new Sport. Now you can update your profile.:D

Peter

JimiJak, be careful about getting your hopes up. Not saying your situation will be that same as mine, but mine has been released for about 3 weeks and was still awaiting shipment as of Monday. Sorry to be a Negative Neddy, but wanted to warn you.

I like it a lot...

You're welcome, jbrabham! So, when do we get to see some pictures? ;)

Crystal

My Sport is scheduled to be at dealer on March 9. Was ordered January 21st. 401 + sunroof.

Crystal confirmed (thanks Crystal!)

JimiJak, be careful about getting your hopes up. Not saying your situation will be that same as mine, but mine has been released for about 3 weeks and was still awaiting shipment as of Monday. Sorry to be a Negative Neddy, but wanted to warn you.

Thanks for the word of caution; my was originally marked as "awaiting shipment" at the end of January...about five weeks ago. That's when all of this business first got started with the factory hold and the email I got from the marketing manager. I'm hoping since this is the second to round, it being released means it's for real this time.

I'll believe it when I drive it home. Lol

IT'S ALLIIIIIVE!

Just got the call, she's ready to be picked up. No shipping notification, no eta ever given, no heads up on arrival...but it's there, prepped, and ready...

*Huge sigh of relief

It's nice to be done with the wait. Now I can finally update my profile!
Thanks to Crystal for all of your help. When we showed up this afternoon the Sales Manager walked out and said; "I've got to come shake the hand of the guy that has Ford calling me to see if I knew anything about the status of your vehicle instead of the other way around. I've never had that before, but you had people checking everything.

All I can say is; Well worth the wait! Very happy!
...(also, myfordtouch and my experience with it so far...a little unimpressed with the lag and general glitchyness of it; but I'll wait until I figure more of it out before I make an official ruling.)

Ordered 11/22/2013
Built 01/08/2014
Finished 02/04/2014 (and held up at the factory)
Shipped ????
Arrived over the weekend
Ready for delivery 03/10/2014

IMG_1092.jpg

All I can say is; Well worth the wait! Very happy!
...(also, myfordtouch and my experience with it so far...a little unimpressed with the lag and general glitchyness of it; but I'll wait until I figure more of it out before I make an official ruling.)

Congrats, great truck! Any future modding plans? This is my second Ford (Edge Sport to Explorer Sport) and I must say, MFT has worked flawlessly in both of them.

Congrats, great truck! Any future modding plans? This is my second Ford (Edge Sport to Explorer Sport) and I must say, MFT has worked flawlessly in both of them.

Thanks!
I'm still working out the kinks on MFT...we'll see once everything is all set up how it goes.

As for modding plans; I'm typically more performance mod-centered, but my better half will be driving this more than I will, so I think I'll stay more aesthetic (for now). I ordered the oil catch can from Rev Xtreme along with some other odds and ends; I'll update w pics once I make some headway. Just enjoying Ford's work for now.

Thanks!
I'm still working out the kinks on MFT...we'll see once everything is all set up how it goes....

Congrats, JimiJak! She's beautiful. :D

If you need any help with MFT, don't hesitate to contact me!

Rebecca

That was a fast 4 months- congrats looks good

Congrats, JimiJak! She's beautiful. :D

If you need any help with MFT, don't hesitate to contact me!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca! I have to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow since I have a CEL on now with a "charging system error" alert. : \
Also, showing a friend the engine today, and found some green, slippery liquid under the hood...not sure what it could be since the coolant is red and it doesn't smell like coolant, just resembles it. Hoping it was maybe just a rust preventer of sorts or something. Also, got a call from my girlfriend when she was parking at work that the steering wheel got really hard to turn just before she turned it off...Not sure what's going on, but I wish it wasn't. Just rolled past 100.0 miles this afternoon...

That was a fast 4 months
maybe for you! lol

Thanks Rebecca! I have to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow since I have a CEL on now with a "charging system error" alert. : \
Also, showing a friend the engine today, and found some green, slippery liquid under the hood...not sure what it could be since the coolant is red and it doesn't smell like coolant, just resembles it. Hoping it was maybe just a rust preventer of sorts or something. Also, got a call from my girlfriend when she was parking at work that the steering wheel got really hard to turn just before she turned it off...Not sure what's going on, but I wish it wasn't. Just rolled past 100.0 miles this afternoon...

maybe for you! lol

Hope it's something simple... Still waiting for my Black Sport to arrive "Awaiting Shipment".

OK, so here's the scoop.

The green coolant looking fluid under the hood was cleaner / anti-rust agent. No problem there, just sloppy application.

As for the "hard to steer" bit...not sure, but it hasn't come back, and I haven't witnessed it, just the girlfriend. So we're on standby on that if it comes back.

The "Check Charging System" alert with the battery light illuminated; this one is a little more interesting.

They gave me a comparable courtesy car (2014 fiesta haha) to drive around while they had my XSport from 0930 - 1500 today. First they found the battery was no good...then after more digging found this:
alt+cable+EX.jpg

It's the positive harness where it attached to the alternator. Apparently whomever's job it was to tighten this nut down for a solid connection partied a little too hard the night before. The nut wasn't even finger tight; so this terminal was rattling around on the post and not only did it fry the battery, but probably hasn't been very nice to the alternator...not to mention cooked it's little plastic house. SO, with the nut tightened down and a new battery in place, the XSport makes 14.1 volts at Idle. We're driving it again while waiting for the new alternator and harness to come in. Apparently this harness is like 4.5' long, so it will take another full day of install early next week. They initially told me 4 days to get the alternator, but now that it's been marked "911, urgent" they think they'll have it in two.

Kudos to the service guys at Preferred Ford in Grand Haven, MI. We didn't order it here, but this is my home dealership and they're doing great to get things how they should be.

It's unfortunate that it happened to you but at least it is being taken care of for you. It's how you are treated after the sale that really makes or breaks vehicle ownership.

As far as MFT, give it a few weeks.. a day and stating it lags and is glitchy couldn't be further from the truth. There is definitely a learning curve and the 3.6.2 update was the way MFT should have been from day 1.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a 2014 Sport in January that was built in Chicago Feb 4. It was also put in this 'quality hold' from the plant. The car was shipped to me two weeks ago. I was told that every explorer from the Chicago plant was had been released by the end of February.

Back